Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: If channel were closed to mooring.....

Debbolas
    If they close the channel, I will start boating at Katepwa regularly.
    Lets all go to the Tom Brown Launch Ramp

We boat at F'n Mohave, but seriously, stewing in piss warm water and drinking beer was never my idea of fun. I would rather be going really fast in my boat......
    We have friends that are Channel Junkies and will probably have a heart attack about this......
    Didn't they close Copper Canyon because of all the parties? The Sandbar could be next :crossx:

shadow
    Lets all go to the Tom Brown Launch Ramp

We boat at F'n Mohave, but seriously, stewing in piss warm water and drinking beer was never my idea of fun. I would rather be going really fast in my boat......
    We have friends that are Channel Junkies and will probably have a heart attack about this......
    Didn't they close Copper Canyon because of all the parties? The Sandbar could be next :crossx:
    Hey Deb whats really fast? :rollside:

slowinhavasu
    Just got back, the mooring issue was not on the agenda for tonight. It's not really clear when it is, I'll get it clarified and I'll be back then.
    Uncle Larry was able to make a five minute address to the council. Great job Larry, it will give them something to go home and think about.
    He invited everyone down to a regatta to see the "real" people that visit this lake, and have the police enforce the laws that are on the books , if it's zero tolerence then arrest everybody breaking the laws, not just the ones they want to. His speach was much longer, but thats what i got out of it....

Debbolas
    Hey Deb whats really fast? :rollside:
    LOL

Well, FAST for me in my Custom Buildt Kachina
    Sandbar Mike was over last month doing the electricity for our new kitchen and he just put a new engine in his bat, it goes REALLY fast

shadow
    Hey Carey,you looked like a movie star.I saw you on TV.
    Larry did a great job,hopefully the council members will listen.

shadow
    LOL

Well, FAST for me in my Custom Buildt Kachina
    Sandbar Mike was over last month doing the electricity for our new kitchen and he just put a new engine in his bat, it goes REALLY fast
    Just messin with ya.

Debbolas
    Just messin with ya.
    I know, ya made me laugh
    ( I was fishing for Jordy fish)

slowinhavasu
    Hey Carey,you looked like a movie star.I saw you on TV.
    Larry did a great job,hopefully the council members will listen.
    Note to self: stay away from camera WIFE knows what time I left the meeting, want's to know why I smell like smoke and beer..... :argue:
    When this subject is on the agenda we need to ready with a salution to the problem, not just bitch about it. Locals should not be penalized by some dumb asses that wreck for us and the tuorist.

H20Advantage
    If the channel were closed I would still go to Havasu because I own a home there and that is where the boat is kept. We like to make one or two passes through the channel during the day but generally spend our time in Steamboat or some other more remote cove away from the crowds.
    My issue with them closing the channel is that it may effect the quality of my time in other parts of the lake. As said before the closing of the sandbar and stricter controls of copper canyon has caused the crowds to migrate to the channel. The City has brought this on themselves and need to figure a way to let the crowds who want to party do it in a more remote location and leave the channel alone.
    I used to live at the beach in the late 70's through the early 90's and remember when winter traffic was nil and the summer traffic was busy. As people migrated toward the beach and the population grew the winter traffic started to look like summer and the summer became just a mess. The beaches became overcrowded and I decided to move away.
    I guess what I am trying to say is the population is growing everywhere and the Lake Havasu City Counsel has got to accept this and learn to deal with it or get out. Havasu will never be the way it was in the 1970's because this whole area of the country is having a population explosion.
    The city faces a double edged sword. They want new homes built, more business growth and tourism along with the bigger tax base but then they also don't want things to change. The problem here is that the older retired generation does not have the disposable income that the younger working generation has and culturally the two tend to clash.
    I don't know what the answer is nor should I force my personal wants and desires on them to fit my lifestyle and neither should they. Good intelligent research and decision making needs to be done and not decisions based on personal agendas of a few who were voted by the general public to protect the general interest.
    Okay I am now stepping down from my soapbox.

ClownRoyal
    I will sell both houses. I bought in Havasu for boating. The Channel is a big part of that simply because of the 'show'.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast