Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do 28-30 cats handle rough water?

zimm
    I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a new Superboat Y2K to tear up the lower Chesapeake Bay which is notorious for snotty, rough conditions.
    I can't help but ask about a comparable cat though. They do go faster for the HP and look really cool, but can they handle 3' chop easily?
    Also is there any cabin space to crash out for the night after drinking all day at the beach? I've never seen the interior of a 30 foot cat.

Goodtime$
    30 spectre? skater etc will be out of the superboat price range. There is one new/used 30spectre with 300xs for sale on here. Once you go tunnel, you never go back.

Jordy
    30 spectre? skater etc will be out of the superboat price range. There is one new/used 30spectre with 300xs for sale on here. Once you go tunnel, you never go back.
    Yeah, there are a few Spectres with 300's for sale around here.
    I know mine is a kick in rough water.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    My 30 daytona handles 3 footers no problem. I like the ride in the cat much better. I like the cabin of a 30 v way better!!! Way more head room.

Kilrtoy
    Yeah, there are a few Spectres with 300's for sale around here.
    I know mine is a kick in rough water.
    Lake Pleasant has ruff water :boxed:

Jordy
    Lake Pleasant has ruff water :boxed:
    When a storm blows in, yes it does. Sank 17 boats one night when we were out in it.
    Oh, and I do boat other places than Pleasant, like Lake Pacific. Coming back from lunch at Catalina on the Saturday before the 4th of July, we were running back in 8' seas that were white capping.

Havasu Hangin'
    ...white capping.
    What the hell is "white capping", homie?
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0008.gif

Kilrtoy
    What the hell is "white capping", homie?
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0008.gif
    Making fun of the white man.....

seanv
    My 31 Ao Has A Cumfortable Cabin For A Cat. Double Size Bed On The Tunnel And Walk Space In The Sponsons. Hell One Night On Pleasant We Had Seven Peeps In There Watching Pirates Of The Caribeean. Way Cool. Still Wish It Was A Daytona!

seanv
    And As Much As Hate To Say....jordy....is R..r..right. Pleasant Can Get Prety Tore Up From Big Cruisers And Wake Boats. My 25daytona Was Rough Out There In The Pm. This Cat I Have Now Climbs On Top Of The Waves And Zips Along. Now That I've Owned Both Designs I Would Recomend A True Cat Over A Tunnel. But, You'll Still Get A Great Ride In A 30' Tunnel ( Eliminator,dcb Etc ) My .02

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast