Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pool question...

1stepcloser
    I'm having a pool done, and am researching salt water systems...
    Does anyone here use one?
    Are they for real? Do they stand up to the hype?

'78 gt boat
    I am having my pool done right now and we are having salt water system put in. It's about $1200 more but it is better on the skin it creates natural chlorine instead of using chemicals.

Dan Lorenze
    I have a friend that builds pools, he says they rarely sets up pools for chlorine anymore , all salt.. I think I'm the only guy in my neighborhood with chlorine..

RAZORSHARP
    I have a 2 year old pool with salt system. Great. But just like any other pool still requires regular maintenance. In particular, there is a "cell" in which the salt converts to chlorine. It must be cleaned every 3 months or so. Very easy though. You will save $ money. 50lb. of salt costs less than $5. I add about 50-100lbs once every 6 months or so.

funkybunchjr
    I converted mine about 3 months back and I love it. My only bitch is that I get salt buildup on my rock waterfall.

1stepcloser
    I converted mine about 3 months back and I love it. My only bitch is that I get salt buildup on my rock waterfall.
    Really? One reason that appealed to me was the reported lack of mineral build up.
    I will have three drops around the pool, and was concerned with mineral, as our water here is pretty hard. This was presented as a major feature of salt systems.

RitcheyRch
    Whats involved with converting a pool to a salt system?

76ANTHONY
    they are great systems, one thing about the build up, yes it gets worse. there are chemicals sold to clean off the rocks and tile, its for the salt system, reg maint and its not too bad, pumise stone and some tilex from the pool store and the salt build up comes of, just do 3 or 4 tiles everytime ya jump in and you will not even notice your workin on them. salt system is about 1200.00......

mmered8299
    I dont think that is salt. Probably hard water minerals. Use Acid to contol you hard water. Pools that have salt system require more acid. I try to keep the PH on my pools with waterfalls at 7.4. Try an "Aqua Doc" on your plumbing line too. It helps some with the hard water.

al cole'holic
    ...dude, whats with the avatar..??..I know people with salt systems that are running wrong but they think its ok, if you can taste it or see massive residues it isn't running right!! That's about my input, I am still on og chemical but there's a reason its a hundred year old proces...it works

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast