Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible to do Parker without watching for any shallow spots?

ElimJimsOtherHalf
    If so, where would you launch, and where can you go safely....

Daytona100
    Never had a problem with parker. Common sense and upriver when you make the lefthander stay away from the bouyes. Stay in the middle and you wont have any problems.

revndave
    If so, where would you launch, and where can you go safely....
    Parker is a piece of cake.Launch anywhere.There are 35ft boats out on that water.Shallow spots have bouys.

Boatcop
    Parker is a piece of cake.Launch anywhere.There are 35ft boats out on that water.Shallow spots have bouys.
    Not really.
    There are at least 5 spots I know of that are shallow and not marked. 1 of them, below Red Rock, extends out 1/2 way into the River.
    On your first trip, make sure you have someone that knows where the rock monsters live, or else you'll have a short trip and an expensive repair bill.
    Just ask Kilrtoy.

Trailer Park Casanova
    - And watch the tide.
    River level can change on ya.

2Driver
    Not really.
    There are at least 5 spots I know of that are shallow and not marked. 1 of them, below Red Rock, extends out 1/2 way into the River.
    On your first trip, make sure you have someone that knows where the rock monsters live, or else you'll have a short trip and an expensive repair bill.
    Just ask Kilrtoy.
    Ditto, been going since 1985. Plenty to learn first few times.

Daytona100
    Not really.
    Just ask Kilrtoy.
    Kilrtoy cant navagate parker. Maybe he,s concentrating on something else!! Miss Kilrtoy may be distracting him if you know what I mean. :rollside:

repo man
    Not really.
    Just ask Kilrtoy.
    well if you know about them then why arn't they marked? :idea:

H20 Toie
    i have gone to parker for years ( with my jet boat) i think i know where the shallow spots are but i still won't take the the 35' there.

CBadDad
    Be really careful early in the morning and late afternoon/evening as the water level drops it gets a little tricky, especially up river.
    Otherwise it's not too bad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast