Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a significant crack?

GofastRacer
    His return policy states: "Items are descibed as they are, and sold as they are. No returns."

rrrr
    Coulda bought a new unpolished unit from Summit for less money.....polished for about a hundy more.
    I don't buy stuff from people with negative feedback and a no return policy.

WannabeRacing
    ebay is just like everywhere else. There are good people to deal with, and crooks. Ya just gotta know what you are looking for, and who to deal with.

75MillerJet
    His return policy states: "Items are descibed as they are, and sold as they are. No returns."
    her description also states that the item is in brand new condition... i've never seen a brand new manifold with a crack in it... so what am i lookin' at as far as repairing it guys? my main question wasn't about eBay it was about the thing's performance. is welding an option? and what is the point in crossovers if they can just be plugged anyways? weld or plug?

DMOORE
    Tig welding the aluminum isn't a big deal. Any welding shop can do it.
    Darrell.

Moneypitt
    her description also states that the item is in brand new condition... i've never seen a brand new manifold with a crack in it... so what am i lookin' at as far as repairing it guys? my main question wasn't about eBay it was about the thing's performance. is welding an option? and what is the point in crossovers if they can just be plugged anyways? weld or plug?
    The purpose is to heat the plenium during cold starts to help atomize the cold fuel. I always plug/cover them as they're not really needed in the local climate. I would just plug the head ports and run it.......Most gasket sets, (hipo) come with the little dojiggers to cap them off. You'll never know the difference................MP

75MillerJet
    The purpose is to heat the plenium during cold starts to help atomize the cold fuel. I always plug/cover them as they're not really needed in the local climate. I would just plug the head ports and run it.......Most gasket sets, (hipo) come with the little dojiggers to cap them off. You'll never know the difference................MP
    sounds like they would help keep the plenum cooler after running for a period of time also, no? and here are some pics of the intake can someone please help me out and tell me if this looks like an unpolished intake just rattle-canned with that hi-heat resistant chrome paint or if this is how all edelbrocks polished intakes come? notice the rough texture, thats what's kinda turnin' me off... anyways here are some pics i just took looks fine from more than 10 feet away

Moneypitt
    Well it's shiny, but I don't think it's polished. Try a little laquer thinner and see if the rag turns silver. If this person sold you that manifold as "new' and "polished", I would flame them as hot as possible thru e bait.........and demand my money back. OR, some sort of price "adjustment"..............MP

75MillerJet
    Well it's shiny, but I don't think it's polished. Try a little laquer thinner and see if the rag turns silver. If this person sold you that manifold as "new' and "polished", I would flame them as hot as possible thru e bait.........and demand my money back. OR, some sort of price "adjustment"..............MP
    hahaha omg i think i'm gonna cry this is so much bulls**t take a look at the pic it speaks for itself

OhOneWS6
    Looks like you've been had. I'd definitely report that to ebay at the very least. Be sure to leave negative feedback as well. On another note the boat looks good. I love the black logs/risers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast