Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck Bra recomendation

djunkie
    Anyone use these to keep the bugs off the front end? I'm getting tired of scrubbing the damm things off after every river trip. Oh and its for a 2005 chevy 2500hd.

DMOORE
    I wouldn't recomend a bra for the truck. They can really scuff up the paint underneith. Instead I would go with the 3M clear protectant. I have the 3M on my coach and it works great. Bugs wash off a lot easier than on paint. The best part is you can barely tell it's on. Have to get within a few inches to tell.
    Darrell.

HocusPocus
    i had one on a truck years ago when they were real popular... i would never again put on any vehicle.

djunkie
    i had one on a truck years ago when they were real popular... i would never again put on any vehicle.
    How come? I've never had one. Just thought it would be a good idea for trips to keeps the front end clean.

RitcheyRch
    I would never put a bra on any of my vehicles. I have seen the damage they do to a vehicle.

djunkie
    Ok I guess the bra idea is out.

RiverDave
    Ok I guess the bra idea is out.
    Wash the front of it With Dri Wash a couple of times. After that it builds up a "film" (wax) on the paint, at which point you can use the leather cleaner (dunno why) and they wipe right off. You heading out to the river next weekend? I can show you. I think I have an extra bottle so I can give you some to try out for yourself.. I hate scrubbing the lil bastards too, but this has made my life alot easier.
    RD

gsb_77_xl
    If there are any NAPA automotive stores in your area they can order a spray on product that will help protect the paint on the front of the vehicle that the bra covers it is supposed to be easy to remove if you ever want to take the bra off later

djunkie
    Wash the front of it With Dri Wash a couple of times. After that it builds up a "film" (wax) on the paint, at which point you can use the leather cleaner (dunno why) and they wipe right off. You heading out to the river next weekend? I can show you. I think I have an extra bottle so I can give you some to try out for yourself.. I hate scrubbing the lil bastards too, but this has made my life alot easier.
    RD
    I'll be in Havasu next weekend. I guess I might have to try the dry wash stuff out. But I'm kinda a lazy ass and usually take my truck to the car wash. LOL!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

RiverDave
    I'll be in Havasu next weekend. I guess I might have to try the dry wash stuff out. But I'm kinda a lazy ass and usually take my truck to the car wash. LOL!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
    Then they should get the bugs off for you.. LOL
    They also sell a clear "bra" it's almost like a tape.. There's a business down here selling them to dealerships etc.. to protect from rock chips. They've actually got it down pretty good where you can't even hardly see the clear bra itself, or the point where it ends and transfers back to paint..
    RD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast