Thread: Please pray for the lost miners

MANIC MECHANIC
    Friends, please pray for the safe rescue of the miners lost in the Aracoma
    fire.
    In a mine that big (it's huge) there is still a possibility they may be found alive.
    I'm not there, I'm working at one of the other Massey mines forty miles from there.
    I have worked at Aracoma in the past and know most of the miners there.
    Pray for some good news from the West Virginia coal mines for a change.

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Tim,
    I've been watching TV this morning about the miners. Just heart sick over another bad situation. Sounds like the fire is proving difficult to extinguish and visibility is near zero. I am praying for good news.

Wet Dream
    Another one? Time to kick the kids off of Cartoon Network.
    I hope they are all ok.

fat rat
    You got it Tim............sorry to hear.

miketsouth
    after seeing the pics you sent me it must be a horrible experience to have anything go wrong down there, anything. This sounds like the worse kind of wrong.
    That is no doubt dangerous work, requiring special equipment and skills.
    I hope they are ok.
    mikeT

MANIC MECHANIC
    I just got word that the two lost miners were finally located,
    to late to save them unfortunately.
    I have no details as yet.
    We would like to ask you all to pray for the families of those lost.
    We (the miners) are given a self rescuer to wear on our belts that is good for one hour.
    We keep an additional cache of self rescuers at specific points in the mine.
    So a miner may be able to get an additional one or two...That's at most three hours of breathable air, this needs to be improved upon, hopefully this and the Sago disaster will bring about some needed changes in the mining industry.

DansBlown73Nordic
    By the sounds of it they are going to make some huge changes in safety....from what a guy was saying on CNN most safety things were designed in the 1950s... :2purples:
    Big companys who make Big $$$$$ do not care. Now that these deaths are going to cost them it will be time for change. Its a shame 14 people had to loose their lives to get something done.
    Tim im curious how safe you think these mines are?

MANIC MECHANIC
    By the sounds of it they are going to make some huge changes in safety....from what a guy was saying on CNN most safety things were designed in the 1950s... :2purples:
    Big companys who make Big $$$$$ do not care. Now that these deaths are going to cost them it will be time for change. Its a shame 14 people had to loose their lives to get something done.
    Tim im curious how safe you think these mines are?
    Dan,Coal mining will always be inherintly dangerous. As long as miners have to go down to where the coal is to mine it, there will be accidents.
    It is virtually impossible to eliminate the risk of fire, explosions, and roof falls.