Thread: BIG PROBLEM need help!

74SUNBIRD
    Where do i find what is shown in the picture. Is it a engine coupler? it goes to back of engine and driveshaft runs through the out of the volvo penta 270. As need to replace where to find. Any volvo penta guys here. Need advice and help. thnx -jeff

LHC30Victory
    Dont know that much bout Volvos but it seems like a drive coupler. Call Tommy Chong at Chong's RV and Marine in LHC.....

T-56
    I may have what you're looking for since I have 2 Volvo 270's complete that came w/ my boat.
    What's wrong w/ yours and how quick do you need it?

74SUNBIRD
    the part i need is the part that connects to the back of the motor to the back of the transom plate its like a coupler or something its shown in the picture...it holds the driveshaft

T-56
    the part i need is the part that connects to the back of the motor to the back of the transom plate its like a coupler or something its shown in the picture...it holds the driveshaft
    How quick do you need it?
    Hint, look at my location... :cry:

BadKachina
    Doug Russell marine has a ton of old stuff. That's where I go to find obsolete parts and drives. Here's a link.
    Doug Russell Marine (http://www.dougrussell.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home)

BadKachina
    I may have what you're looking for since I have 2 Volvo 270's complete that came w/ my boat.
    What's wrong w/ yours and how quick do you need it?
    I might be able to sell one for you. Pm me and let me know what exactly you have parts wise and what you looking to get out of it.

T-56
    I might be able to sell one for you. Pm me and let me know what exactly you have parts wise and what you looking to get out of it.
    I don't plan on selling my boat and since I do (try) all of my own wrenching I figured they would save me a trip to the boneyard eventually.
    As soon as I can find my way out of this desert :cry: , I plan on refurbishing one of the outdrives and putting it on the boat. Then I'll take the working one off and set it aside for a spare. Same thing w/ the 396 that's in it. Set the 454 in and put the little engine on the stand for a bad weekend.
    It's overkill to have a spare engine & drive ready to go, but I'm sure there's been more than one person on here that wished they had one or the other at some point. :boxed: