Thread: 990 heads on a gen 6 block?

does anyone know if these will work togethor? i have a set of 990 heads that came off my MIV block and need to know if they will fit a newer gen 6 block. thanks for any help!

565edge
    Chris i think they will but you have to get special head gaskets?I had some old aluminum bowties and was going to run into the same problem?I got mixed reviews of it though,im sure dave at dne would know,what size motor are you goung to build,what kind of pop-off did you get,Do you got any pics of your wireing job,im thinking of re-doing mine,show me pics?

yeah ill get some pics of my wiring job, but its not finished yet. ive heard the heads will work on that block, its the gen 5 block that has the problems with running 990 heads. Im just trying to sell these heads i have,(looks like they are sold) and I am hopefully picking up a set of dart heads,dart tunnell ram, (port matched) and a pair of 850s off another dne customer. right now the plan is to run that stuff with a .030 over tall deck gm block 4.250 scat crank ,carrillo rods,dne custom pistons, dne roller cam and msd-undecided on compression.i dont have a pop off yet, i just have that old school manual one, but some guys run that one, anyway i may just run a ratchet.see ya.

565edge
    I run the cnc dart 355's with the dart tunnel ram and dual 1150's,my carbs are for sale if you want them,i ran acrross a set of king demons,I went with with 15:1 comp,I would go with around 11 or 12 to 1 for good lake use,buying race gas sucks when going out for a weekend,