Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: who invited these people to camp far west???

SUI-CY-COLE
    the jet boats that run all damm day with there jetavators on going back and forth,5 wide passes....damm i though that only happened on 3-day weekends!!!just goes to show ya they got to be where the fast boats are and ruin it for them...wasnt quarter mile cove empty???they could of spun there donuts and shot there tails overthere....it was a great time otherwise..but when people get together to do these get-to-gethers to race.it takes alot of time and money to go race or even watch these events and i believe it could of been alot better if some of these people used some common sense when they are out,,,ex; when you see two hydros sitting there floating in the water with all there gear on..there gonna race...that doesnt mean race 5-wide around them???what the hell is up with that???????well im venting so hope someone else feels the same way as me....

cal***boat
    eek! Yea your thinking on the same lines as me on this subject

ps555
    10 4 on that shit

Infomaniac
    Did two of you go line up and see if they would stop?
    Even Okies have enough boating courtesy to get out of the way when two drag boats line up.
    Especially at the places drag boats are at all the time. The unwritten rules.

Moomawnster
    I am not going to defend "jet boats " here because boats don't do anything without a driver .. I just want to mention that assholes fit in any seat and you obviously found a whole pack of em ....unwritten rules are fine for those who know them but most folks at the lake are not "IN" to the fine points .... Talk to these people and if they act like assholes , then...kick them there! .... Nuf said!

76biesmeyer
    Who was the one that said guys that have JET BAOTS had brains!!!

BigBoyToys
    Not all of the Jet Boats did that......
    And I agree, if someones lining up to run, get the hell outta the way and quit messin' up the water! I saw one instance where they were running 5 wide and 1 of them actually went AROUND a hydro that was getting ready to run...
    This ain't just a jet boat crowd. But more like weekend warriors that just don't have a clue as to what's going on and how it works.

diggler
    I just wanted to post, after reading the thread this morning.
    I was out there with my jet yesterday and had a great time. I do apologize to anyone that may have been out there and were upset about the increased wakes, or lower mph a jetboat produces over a more efficient top-fuel dragster/flatbottom.
    One thing I was very happy for at the end of the day, was the fact that there were no accidents or injuries. With all the boat traffic and the relatively high speed most of the boats could go, we all remained responsible enough to be aware and not have any accidents.
    If this really is an issue, then I will make sure to let all the folks from banderlog know that we were not welcome. And, as stated earlier in this thread, it's not necessarily the boat, but the driver.

superdave013
    diggler:
    I just wanted to post, after reading the thread this morning.
    I was out there with my jet yesterday and had a great time. I do apologize to anyone that may have been out there and were upset about the increased wakes, or lower mph a jetboat produces over a more efficient top-fuel dragster/flatbottom.
    One thing I was very happy for at the end of the day, was the fact that there were no accidents or injuries. With all the boat traffic and the relatively high speed most of the boats could go, we all remained responsible enough to be aware and not have any accidents.
    If this really is an issue, then I will make sure to let all the folks from banderlog know that we were not welcome. And, as stated earlier in this thread, it's not necessarily the boat, but the driver. Well, I was not there but. I don't think that it's that your not welcome. Just that has always been a place to race. So if your going out there to do that your at the right place. No need for a top fuel boat. Just line up what you've got. get your race on then move over so the next guys can do it. If your going to just go boating for the day, there's much larger and nicer lakes to do that anyway in that area.

BILLY.B
    SUI-CY-COLE:
    the jet boats that run all damm day with there jetavators on going back and forth,5 wide passes....damm i though that only happened on 3-day weekends!!!just goes to show ya they got to be where the fast boats are and ruin it for them...wasnt quarter mile cove empty???they could of spun there donuts and shot there tails overthere....it was a great time otherwise..but when people get together to do these get-to-gethers to race.it takes alot of time and money to go race or even watch these events and i believe it could of been alot better if some of these people used some common sense when they are out,,,ex; when you see two hydros sitting there floating in the water with all there gear on..there gonna race...that doesnt mean race 5-wide around them???what the hell is up with that???????well im venting so hope someone else feels the same way as me.... WE get the same thing at the river, thats probably the one bad thing about letting everyone know about a event over the web.The problem at the river are the tunnel boats and v-bottom's that stir the water up for the flats and hydro's or they pick a race just to see us run, worst yet the personel watercraft that just have to run around and around where were at just to be annoying and show off, get's old real quick. I feel your pain and hopefully by father's day everyone can try to get the word out to stay the HELl OUT OF THE WAY!!!! argue

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast