Thread: Injector Hats?

restofreak
    This is a polling question for those of you who may be "hard core".I may be in the process of going into serious production of carbon fibre injector hats. For those of you who may have investigated these you know they are extremely dear!$$$$$$$($4000 U.S. neighborhood for brand new complete) and the waiting list is long. I think I can undercut this by a pretty good margin( possibly by 1/4) and make a better quality hat than what I have seen. If you are looking or have serious blower racer ( car or boat ) friends give me your thoughts , I'm trying to get a feel on the market. Thanx guys.

Costello
    This is the new CBD hat on a buddy of mine's car. http://www.deepstage.net/images/sharkinjector.jpg I would think the best way to get yours to market is build a few and get a few teams to test them. I have some in roads to Top Fuel Dragster and Top Fuel Hydro racing that I could introduce you to. These guys may be able to get the exposure you need for the product. Keep in mind that there is a lot of wind tunned and flow R&D that goes into these hats, so everyone is looking for some performance gain when they make a switch.

restofreak
    Thanks for the reply Costello. The design is already proven (35% increase in air flow) and is running on one of the top 5 alcohol funnny cars on the IHRA circuit. We will do some small changes to avoid infringement and re-test. I'll get in touch with you if we go ahead with this.Who makes the hat in the pic?
    RF

Costello
    CBD in England makes the hat above. Most of the TAD/TAFC and also PM guys use the 4 hole style of hat on PSI's. All of the Fuel guys still use a 3 hole and I'm not sure why. Then there are the Gibson Miller injectors that have no blades at all! I guess it doesn't matter as long as it works well. I have another friend who has a pretty wild prototype hat for PSI blowers that flowed way better than any others that is a 6 hole hat, 3 on top and 3 below. He hasn't run the boat yet but should by Phoenix.

Kurtis500
    Actually the Gibson Miller style injector is a 2 square hole style similar to the old upright 4 port Hilborn. The 90 degree bend fiber lid is really only a scoop that bolts to the injector. Interesting thing is 2 of the few manufacturers of fiber injectors are from Europe..?..

Costello
    Kurtis, you are right that the G/M Supercharger has blades, they just are not in the hat. It is like an Enderle barndoor style.