Thread: ? about different 'race' fuels...

BBB
    Can I mix any of the following fuels with the existing 91 octane unleaded fuel in my boat? Union 76; MS109,VP110,C16,C12. I have aprx. 20 gallons of exeisting gas and was thinking of adding 10 of the 76 stuff. Any advice is appreciated.
    BTW, the reason I'm thinking of this is my existing gas is old and when I finally got the boat out earlier this month it was running pretty rough... I probably should just dump the old but I don't have anywhere to get rid of it.

GofastRacer
    Bad gas will contaminate the good stuff, put some of this in it will bring it back to life!..
    PRI-G! (http://www.priproducts.com/prigproduct.htm)

BBB
    Thanks GFR.... I'll try it if I can find it.
    For future reference though can I mix any of the race fuels with pump gas?

GofastRacer
    I got mine at Camping World, I haven't seen it in regular part stores!.
    Yes you cam mix race gas with pump gas, just be careful of octane if you have high compression!..

Liberator TJ1984
    But if the fuel has already started to " Varnish " and gell up on the bottom of the tanks ,it may cause it to break down into small enough gummy particles to clog up carb passages, etc...
    any doubts I would pump it out into some 5gal. cans untill you can find someone to take it off your hands....and start with fresh fuel

GofastRacer
    But if the fuel has already started to " Varnish " and gell up on the bottom of the tanks ,it may cause it to break down into small enough gummy particles to clog up carb passages, etc...
    any doubts I would pump it out into some 5gal. cans untill you can find someone to take it off your hands....and start with fresh fuel
    Once it starts to varnish and gel it's "beyond" bad gas, there's nothing you can do for it then, if it just smells bad and changed colors a bit, you can bring it back to life with PRI, it won't change the color or the smell though!..

centerhill condor
    I recommend "sea foam" for helping out the fuel. Racing gas usually has dissolved gases (propane etc) so it should be kept in a sealed container. I had the same problem with water/stale gas added sea foam and ran the stuff out. after some coughing and mixing the boat runs fine! or at least it did yesterday. Today could be filled with opportunities.