Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Campbell V-drive Deckboat????

fryzll
    My buddy has a Cambpbell 19ft (I think) tunell hull v-drive deck boat made in the mid to late 70's. Its got a BBC hooked to a T-400 tranny going to a Casale box. The drivers seat is somewhat of a center console type that looks bad ass. I was just wondering if anyone here has ever seen one of these because I heard it was a rare boat and that Campbell didnt make many of them. Its a really bitchin looking boat so I was just curious, thanks for any input.
    Chris

Hustler
    fryzll, Are you sure that is a tunnel? to my knowledge(wich is not much)that boat was a 21' boston whaler type boat. they are really cool boats. I remember seeing alot of them on havasu when I was a kid.
    Hustler

fryzll
    Ya Hustler, it is a tunnel and thats what caught my eye. He told me that thats why its a rare boat but who knows?
    Chris

SPECTRABRENT
    Fryzll,
    I think that Campbell made 1 or 2 of the 20 ft Tunnels v-drives. If you want to know for sure call Bob Whelan he is the owner of Campbell Boats 520-855-2133.

summerlove
    I think Campbell made 3 or 4 - they were the first "air entrapment" designs - they ran good, but needed alot of power. They do look great. I have a picture of one that I can scan and email to your friend. I have 2 Campbells and know them pretty well. I also have a few other resources for you other than the one suggested by Spectra brent. send me an email if interested.
    Rick

summerlove
    Fryzll:
    BTW, it is a 20'6" hull. You can find the year on the right rear stringer, along with the hull #. It is, I believe, mid 70's, ??? but I'm not positive.

summerlove,
    "they were the first air entrapment designs". ?????????????????????
    They were the first, and they came out with this in the 70's????
    Not hardly.
    You're right, you do know Campbells well, but air entrapment hulls were around for decades before Campbell ventured into that design.

fryzll
    Thanks for the info guys. This boat hasnt seen the water for 3 years due to divorce issues and then a bad engine builder (valve train nightmares) so im gonna give him a hand getting it dialed in for next year. He keeps the boat in his shop so its in perfect shape. I will try to get some pics and more info on it and post it here. He likes this boat alot but misses his old one. It was a V-drive hydro w/ a Hallman Mooney (sp) 427 that turned something like 8500 rpm, but the divorce made him sell it so the bitch wouldnt get it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif He still kicks himself because he even gave the buyer a spare 427. Thanks again for the info.
    Chris

Fryzll, Did you say he gave away the spare 427 Ford? I'd be sick too. A complete Holman & Moody 427 Ford Medium Riser is worth 5-6K as a running core in todays market.

fryzll
    Yep, he kicks himself in the ass for it but atleast his ex didnt get her grubby little paws on it. Words cant describe how bad ass that hydro looked w/ that 427 in it. What was the deal w/ those Halman & Moodey engines, I heard they had something to do w/ NASCAR but im not sure.
    Chris

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast