Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22-Month Old Baby Loves to Water Ski

HocusPocus
    MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - You may have to look twice, but yes, that's a baby water-skiing on Tainter Lake in western Wisconsin. Twenty-two-month-old Cole Marsolek of Menomonie took up water-skiing last Wednesday on a training ski.
    Since then he has skied everyday and only fell once, said his mother, Lissa Marsolek.
    "He absolutely loves it," Lissa said. "He popped right up the first time. He is a little showboat, waving to everyone and blowing kisses at people as we go by."
    The parents' Mastercraft ski boat travels slowly, pulling his training ski, which is shaped like a sled.
    Both Lissa, 26, and her husband Chad, 31, have water-skied since they were children. Lissa started at age 3.
    "It's a little in Cole's blood," she said.
    Before learning to ski, he was taught by his parents to float with a life jacket and hold his breath. He is not allowed near the water without his life jacket.
    Cole has great balance and someone is always on the back of the boat if Cole falls, Lissa said.
    When asked what the boy wants to do, he says, "Ski, please." He also is able to say "fall," and when asked if he is ready to ski he says, "Go," his mother said.
    The couple also has a 5-month-old daughter, Kinsey, but she hasn't started skiing yet.
    my kids were around 7 when they wanted to water ski, guess mine are late starters.

blown dough
    Wow, I thought I was young when I started to ski, I was 3.

ratso
    lmao... blowing kisses... what a player!

HCS
    My boy is just about to turn 7. Say's he still not ready.
    He did try a couple times this year though.
    He can wait till he's ready.

HavasuSelect
    Wow, I thought I was young when I started to ski, I was 3.
    ya, same here!

Partycattin
    Got my daugter on one of those ski boards @ age 3. She moved quickly to the wakeboard at age 4.
    My son just turned 3 and got up on the skiboard for about 10 minutes. He was waving and rocking back and forth on it. All was good until he fell. Didn't like being out in the water and away from the boat at all. Hasn't wanted to try it since.

2Driver
    The parents are focking idiots and ought to be slapped up side head. Some people shouldn't be parents. Of course all IMO.

RitcheyRch
    Very cool.

ratso
    The parents are focking idiots and ought to be slapped up side head. Some people shouldn't be parents. Of course all IMO.
    ...he's just skiing, not barefooting or jumping ramps. That's next week damnit.

INFINITEJJ
    I was 5 when I started, only because thats when Pop's got the boat. My brother was still in diapers when my uncle would get left behind on shore to hold him up to get him started. He also had to wear his shoes to stay in the bindings.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast