Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto A/C in the I.E

slink
    Anyone have a good connection for auto air conditioning in the Inland Empire? I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD w/ 38,000 miles (basically a river driver). The air went out a week ago on the way home from Parker. Of course it's 2,000 over the warranty and Chevy won't cover it Trying to save a few $$$. Any of you Chevy/GM service guys have any tips that might get me covered? Thanks

blackcloud75
    Anyone have a good connection for auto air conditioning in the Inland Empire? I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD w/ 38,000 miles (basically a river driver). The air went out a week ago on the way home from Parker. Of course it's 2,000 over the warranty and Chevy won't cover it Trying to save a few $$$. Any of you Chevy/GM service guys have any tips that might get me covered? Thanks
    Wussup....Slinky
    at least it went out on the way home and not on the way there...like ours @116*
    When ya' heading back out?

little rowe boat
    If you are not going to the dealership, then your next best bet would be Plaza aotomotive repair. 688-7300. located at 7564 indiana, next to Johnny burger.

THATJEFFGUY
    I would still check wth the dealer..sometimes they will repair it out of good faith, it's worth a try !

squirt'nmyload
    does it just blow out hot air??? this happened to me on my 03 denali......it ended up being a sensor(i can't remember what it was called) but my service advisor at the dealership put a new one on for nothing and it took 3 minutes to fix.

slink
    Wussup....Slinky
    at least it went out on the way home and not on the way there...like ours @116*
    When ya' heading back out?
    It was 112* when ours went. Probably back out on 8/16-21, keeping my fingers crossed

slink
    If ya want you can bring it over and i can take a look at it for ya.
    Smitty's Diesel Repair
    17890 Valley Blvd, Fontana
    (909)421-0136
    (909)821-2700 cell
    I'll let ya know, thanks

slink
    does it just blow out hot air??? this happened to me on my 03 denali......it ended up being a sensor(i can't remember what it was called) but my service advisor at the dealership put a new one on for nothing and it took 3 minutes to fix.
    Yep, just hot air. I'm going to try and bamboozle the dealer into looking at it/taking care of it for nada.

squirt'nmyload
    the sensor is under the hood on the passenger side along the firewall...it plugs into the side of a cylinder thingy. if they won't do it for nuthin i think i remember him sayin it's like a $20 part..it happened to me last summer when i was 2 hours from phx it the middle of the desert....hope that helps

Captain Dan
    Here's the solution...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast