Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two stroke - gas & oil mixture

Liquid Life
    I just got my kid a two-stroke dirt bike. We where out riding this weekend and the exhaust off another bike had a trick smell to it. I asked if he was using racing gas, he said it was regular gas with two stroke racing oil. Does anyone know what kind of oil will get that (sweet)racing smell? Thanks

TIMEBOMB
    PJ1 will give you that sweet smell or any quality synthetic racing oil. Gary

Liquid Life
    TIMEBOMB Thanks for the quick response, I will be getting some PJ1. I was using the oil that the previous owner gave to me.

rude235
    you could try amsoil also.

TOBTEK
    maxima 927 will also give you the smell of race gas.....love that smell! Follow KAB's twin around for the same effect

beached 1
    927 is good but expensive.
    Klotz is my fav. Smells good with VP c12.

i would not recommend the red ams oil. Ive ran it in some highly modifed 2 strokes with poor results and lots of piston skirt wear.the other dark blue is better. Maxima 927 is a great oil and can be trusted, however keep in mind its not a synthtic oil and cannot be mixed with any synthetic oils. drain your tank completly before switching oils. 927 is a great oil and would be my choice but it is gummy and will load up your powervalve so you will have to do regular maintenence on it to keep it from sticking. especially if your cruising and not on the pipe all day. If i was you i would contact the origonal owner and run what he was running if it was a good oil. its really not the best thing for your motor to keep changing oils. If you want the nice smell run av or race gas and some 927 @ 32:1 and it will smell good.

Phat_Kat
    I use motul. I never really paid much attention to the smell seeing as I do run VP through my bike but I would guess motul would do the trick just as well. I personally get a lot of the stuff for free seeing as my dad is friends with president of the company. Finally met the guy at my dads 50th birthday party, real nice guy.

randy77zt
    sweet smell is from a castor based oil.most newer 2 strokes dont run a castor oil because it gums up the exhaust power valve.the maxima oils use a small amount of castor with a synthetic based oil.castor gums up if it is not used .i used to run golden spectro in my atv engines.no problems-started using it after talking to the engine builder at the atv rental in pismo.ran maxima super m in my jet ski.it had 2% castor but you couldnt smell it.i would not run a oil with a lot of castor because of it gumming up if the bike is not used for awhile.in my merc 2.5 i run penzoil %100 synthetic but i would run synthetic dirt bike oil in it before running that cheap oil from wallmart.

HOSS
    PJ1, highly recommend it especially over re-formulated Yamalube. That stuff seperates and thats what it was re-formulated for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast