Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: didn't make it off the trailer

squirt'nmyload
    backed her in the water.....fired it up.....ran good for about 15 seconds...then.....bla bla bla blaaaaam.....i got it goin again but only if i was on the throttle. it seemed like it was flooding out so i let it sit for a bit and then i started it back up and while it was idling i saw gas starting to flow into my secondaries and then it just died again. i'm no carb expert but how much gas is suppost to flow into the secondaries during idle if any??? could this be my problem???

Taylorman
    No fuel should be flowing in the secondaries at idle. You should not be able to see any fuel at idle.

TJS
    What carb(s) is it. Sounds like the floats are too high or the needle and seat is stuck or too much fuel pressure.
    T.J.

squirt'nmyload
    thats what i thought...there is definitely gas flowing into them.....what would cause this to happen?

Cole Sanger
    I had similar problems. Boat would run great on flat trailer in the garage, but as soon as it was unlevel in the water I had flooding problems. I wasn't able to get my trailer high enough. Had to adjust them in the water. I sold it, but I heard it ran great after that.

squirt'nmyload
    holley 750 vac secondaries

squirt'nmyload
    it is also happening on the trailer on level ground

1980Cougar
    Pull your needle assembly out of the top of the secondary float bowl. My bet is you will find a piece of crap stuck in the seat holding the needle open. If not, your float level is too high.

Bense468
    you could throw them in the trash and buy one of these
    http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/4553/e1006bih2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

squirt'nmyload
    i drained the gas out of the bowl and some crap came out so im gonna pull it all apart and clean it up and change the float

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast