Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freakin Edison bill

SHOTKALLIN
    $685 for one month!!! I'm drinking a Bacardi with a drop of Coke added just for color. I have a 2700 sq ft home, pool/ spa, and a extra fridge for beer and steaks in the garage. $685??? WTF??? Sorry just had to vent.
    Serious talk here....how much is electricity in other states? I'm ready to get out of Dodge!!! Interested in knowing about Arizona, Texas, Nevada, and New Mexico for starters. I like the sun so I'm not looking to shovel snow. I also dont want to be too far from the River. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Trailer Park Casanova
    Ya need to consider installing solar elect.
    It also reverses the elect meter and if sized right, your bill should be $0.

DeeCandyBar
    $685 for one month!!! I'm drinking a Bacardi with a drop of Coke added just for color. I have a 2700 sq ft home, pool/ spa, and a extra fridge for beer and steaks in the garage. $685??? WTF??? Sorry just had to vent.
    Serious talk here....how much is electricity in other states? I'm ready to get out of Dodge!!! Interested in knowing about Arizona, Texas, Nevada, and New Mexico for starters. I like the sun so I'm not looking to shovel snow. I also dont want to be too far from the River. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    you're not even telling us half the story. do you run your a/c 24x7? is the thermostat set at 68? 70? 72? how old are your appliances? do you heat your pool? how often do you heat/run the spa?
    it's spendy but it sounds like you've got a nice spread

shueman
    Ours was $150 higher than any other month EVER......4x over our "baseline"....FAWKERS.... :hammerhea
    Maybe a little more A/C due to the heatwave last month....but DOUBLE the previous month...??

Outnumbered
    I just opened mine and about fell down. I thought it was bad: $375. Last July it was only $255. We have about 2,600 sqft 2-story dual-zone, pool, spa, garage frigde, and bar fridge. Keep the set-back t-stats at 79* when we are here. Wife does not work though so its always running. The only thing different this year besides the weather is the freebie fridge I got from Roln20's. Now I know why he didn't want it any more I'm wondering how much that circa 1980 20 CF bastard is costing me :220v: I'm wondering if a new Costco fridge in the garage would save me much :idea:

MBlaster
    Mine was 106 bucks and we ran the a/c part time.
    Granted its a bit cooler 3 miles from Big Blue.

SHOTKALLIN
    you're not even telling us half the story. do you run your a/c 24x7? is the thermostat set at 68? 70? 72? how old are your appliances? do you heat your pool? how often do you heat/run the spa?
    it's spendy but it sounds like you've got a nice spread
    My house is 2 years old. I run my pool 6 hours a day. I have upgraded insulation in the walls and attic. My thermostat stays between 79 and 80 degrees. At 79 it is almost cold inside. I have plantation shutters that stay closed and timted windows. My garage fridge is 5 years old top of the line kitchen aid. My house fridge is 2 years old, top of the line GE. The sun heats my pool.

SHOTKALLIN
    I just got done in the garage, emptied out the freezer and fridge. Then I unpluged the fawker. I turned the pool down to 4 hours and turned the clorinator up to 100%. Anybody want to but a nice Kitchen Aid?

SHOTKALLIN
    Ya need to consider installing solar elect.
    It also reverses the elect meter and if sized right, your bill should be $0.
    You got a damn good point there TPC. Its an exspensive start up cost from what I have heard.

SHOTKALLIN
    California gets you at the gas pump, the DMV, property taxes, Edison bill, and I know I'm forgeting something....BRB....gotta go refill my Bacardi.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast