Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a Drug Problem

Her454
    What gets me is people always sayin shit, just like you said "when i was growing up". People can't blame what year it is on these problems. I am only 21 and I have had the same Drug problem that everyone else here has had. Tonz of my friends have had the other drug problem that is spoke of here, whether it be coke, E, meth, or just weed. And ALMOST(emphasis) everyone of their problems reflect their upbringing one way or another. Everyone of my friends have told me how they admire the relationship me and my parents have and thats the key(IMO), being there. Just my $.02.
    Um...... I'm not sure but did I just get slammed? ..........
    Someone please tell me so I can adjust my response appropriately LOL....

spectratoad
    I think he is just saying that in his opinion it is not a "generational" thing. I do think though that a good :cry: whoopin' :cry: as a kid makes you think twice about some choices you will make....even as an adult.
    I do disagree with his statement though. If you looks at the way parents are treated when it comes to raising kids or raising their hand to their kids then it is a "what year it is" issue. When I am put into the spotlight because I smack my son on the a$$ then that is wrong. He knows that he has crossed the line when I get to that point and I can count on one hand how many times that has happened.
    The amount of disrespect that today's kids have for adults and authority is disgraceful and yes it is alot of 21 year olds that have the self centered attitude. But for as many punks ages 12-40 out there there are twice as many good and respectable kids. Yes I classify 21 years old as still being a kid.
    I partied my a$$ off growing up but I NEVER disrespected those around me or their property the way that punks do nowdays.
    Just my two pennies.

JetBoatRich
    Back in the day it was a DRUG problem, now it is a choice

JetBoatRich
    Very high grade LSD used in the Vietnam era.
    It came in the form of a very small orange colored pill.
    If you dropped one you'd know why they called it Orange Sunshine.
    Of course I wouldn't really know. :messedup:
    I heard on the news today the guy who invented LSD turned 100 today :skull:

Her454
    What gets me is people always sayin shit, just like you said "when i was growing up". People can't blame what year it is on these problems. I am only 21 and I have had the same Drug problem that everyone else here has had. Tonz of my friends have had the other drug problem that is spoke of here, whether it be coke, E, meth, or just weed. And ALMOST(emphasis) everyone of their problems reflect their upbringing one way or another. Everyone of my friends have told me how they admire the relationship me and my parents have and thats the key(IMO), being there. Just my $.02.
    Thanks Spectra for the insight LOL........
    Run em Hard............ Just to clarify, I only posted it as a joke as I received it via email. I have never had a drug problem but lost several friends and an ex husband to Meth. Probably should not have made light of drug problems, but I thought the point was there behind the humor of how parenting and how you are raised has an effect on your "future" and how you choose to use it. :rollside: :rollside:

MAINEVENT
    Ummmmmmm Not sure but this was a joke.............. :rollside:

Biglue
    LET HIM HAVE IT. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

SB
    Good post.
    Kids today have designer drugs and the idea of putting coke up one's nose must seem terribly passe.
    Keep in mind that 80 years ago you could get coke, heroine, or pot over the counter but couldn't buy a drink.
    We have 50 million people on Prozac or its ilk. So let's not pretend we hate drugs, we love them.

MAINEVENT
    Good post.
    Kids today have designer drugs and the idea of putting coke up one's nose must seem terribly passe.
    Keep in mind that 80 years ago you could get coke, heroine, or pot over the counter but couldn't buy a drink.
    We have 50 million people on Prozac or its ilk. So let's not pretend we hate drugs, we love them.
    "I dont like the drugs but the drugs like me"
    -Marilyn Manson

Run_em_Hard
    I ment nothing as to slam anyone or offend in that matter as well. The point that I was trying to get across is that it is not a generation thing. And I agree completely with spectratoad, plenty of kids these days need to get thier a$$ whooped FOR disrespecting adults, its something I see everyday with my girlfriends brother and I bit my tounge everytime by not saying something or doing something physical.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast