Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vessal assist

ParkerRat
    anybody know if there is vessal assist for Parker? I had "Boat US" when I went to Catalina but did not renew since I only use the boat at Parker and havasu now.

Boatcop
    No vessel assist in Parker. No Coast Guard. No Coast Guard Auxiliary. No nothing.
    Pretty much I'm it. If we're out there we'll tow you to the nearest ramp and get you a ride to get the truck.
    We won't jump start. Too much strain on the electronics, and the possibility for battery explosion.
    If we're not out there, make sure you have a good paddle handy.
    But with a 2-5 MPH current, and nowhere on the River more than a couple dozen yards from shore, not too many people get stranded.
    Sometimes there may be a private salvage boat or 2 out, vulturing for an accident or sunk boat. They'll sometimes tow in a disabled boat, but be prepared for sticker shock. They'll rape you, big time.

paradigm shift
    No vessel assist in Parker. No Coast Guard. No Coast Guard Auxiliary. No nothing.
    Pretty much I'm it. If we're out there we'll tow you to the nearest ramp and get you a ride to get the truck.
    We won't jump start. Too much strain on the electronics, and the possibility for battery explosion.
    I quit carrying cables because I got tired of people not knowing what out of gear means. Nothing worse than helping jump start a boat and away they go with cables still attached. I also hate it when they have another problem and have run the battery dead and now you have to convince them it has another problem not just a dead battery. Now I carry a battery booster pack and hand it to them . If it will start great if not then I will tow or help them out best I can.

ACCEPTENCE
    If it were me, I'd call (866)-SAFE-TOW
    Seriously though, VESSEL ASSIST is the way to go for a membership package.
    For $108.00 per year you will have a "Captians Card" This level of membership pretty much covers all your bases. It covers a forty mile radius. (and we'll usually run further if necessary)
    Good for any vessel you own borrow or charter.
    This means free towing, jump starts, fuel delivery, etc...
    I am now "VESSEL ASSIST NEEDLES" with tow boats stationed at Park Moabi Marina and at Needles Marina. Yep, I'm the guy drivin one of those Big Red Boats. Help is nearby, just give us a call.
    Considering non-member towing rates are about $150.00 - $175.00 and sometimes $200.00 per hour the sandbar to Topock, Moabi or Needles run usually gets very costly very quick.
    With VESSEL ASSIST, your covered!!!
    With VESSEL ASSIST HAVASU and now VESSEL ASSIST NEEDLES you are pretty much covered on the river.
    P.M. me and address and I'll get you an application out in the mail.
    Cheers, Greg

ACCEPTENCE
    Sometimes there may be a private salvage boat or 2 out, vulturing for an accident or sunk boat. They'll sometimes tow in a disabled boat, but be prepared for sticker shock. They'll rape you, big time.
    I heard through the vine you guys in parker recently had a pirate (illegal tow boat) move into the area.
    Not U.S.C.G. licensed.
    No towing endorsment.
    Uncurrent registration.
    Not insured.
    And a rape artist to boot!!!
    If in fact and I don't know this to be fact it is the same guy I'm thinking of he's been chased off & kicked out of Mead by National Park Service, chased off, cited & kicked out of Havasu by SBCSD.
    Wives and dogs on a work boat, are you kidding me???
    Be carefull down there.

Boatcop
    I heard through the vine you guys in parker recently had a pirate (illegal tow boat) move into the area.
    If this is the guy with the big camo diesel jet with "Tow-Boat" spray painted on the side, yes. I've seen him down here. Parked at his house, but not on the water.
    Unfortunately, Arizona doesn't have any regulations for tow boats or other commercial vessels. There's nothing we could do about it. Unless, of course, that thing throws up too big of a wake. Even though the thing is only about 28 feet or so, the displacement would cause a dangerous wake.
    I'd welcome someone to do the routine tows and other assist service down here, as long as they play be the rules (Fed) and don't endanger other boats in the process.

79 HUSTLER
    If it were me, I'd call (866)-SAFE-TOW
    Seriously though, VESSEL ASSIST is the way to go for a membership package.
    For $108.00 per year you will have a "Captians Card" This level of membership pretty much covers all your bases. It covers a forty mile radius. (and we'll usually run further if necessary)
    Good for any vessel you own borrow or charter.
    This means free towing, jump starts, fuel delivery, etc...
    I am now "VESSEL ASSIST NEEDLES" with tow boats stationed at Park Moabi Marina and at Needles Marina. Yep, I'm the guy drivin one of those Big Red Boats. Help is nearby, just give us a call.
    Considering non-member towing rates are about $150.00 - $175.00 and sometimes $200.00 per hour the sandbar to Topock, Moabi or Needles run usually gets very costly very quick.
    With VESSEL ASSIST, your covered!!!
    With VESSEL ASSIST HAVASU and now VESSEL ASSIST NEEDLES you are pretty much covered on the river.
    P.M. me and address and I'll get you an application out in the mail.
    Cheers, Greg
    Greg, Is it unlimited tows Cause you now how many times I get towed. Just looking at doing one for havasu cause for needles I know were to find you :crossx: Is there a certain distance that they will tow you, like AAA is only 7-8 miles, If it is unlimited I'll be hitten you up.

ACCEPTENCE
    Greg, Is it unlimited tows Cause you now how many times I get towed. Just looking at doing one for havasu cause for needles I know were to find you :crossx: Is there a certain distance that they will tow you, like AAA is only 7-8 miles, If it is unlimited I'll be hitten you up.
    A Captians Card membership gets you a 40 mile radius. (and we'll usually run further)
    If your at the Sandbar and you need to be towed back to Moabi or even Needles for that matter you would be covered and I would be towing you.
    If your at the Sandbar and need to be towed back to Crazyhorse or Havasu you would be covered but Ken @ V.A. Havasu would be towing you.
    Or with no membership you could pay someone around $650.00.
    But like AAA if the service is abused corperate back east may raise an eyebrow so get ur junk up and running smoothly before the season starts.
    BTW- A Vessel Assist membership covers you all over the river and Havasu weather V.A. Havasu or V.A. Needles responds to the call.
    Soooooo...yes kelly, you need this!!!

Jerrys59
    does any one have the number to vessal assist in havasu?
    also what does it cost. thank's jess
    SEA\\TOW in Havasu 928.727.6945 $119 a year

24ROD
    Sunday eve. sunset cruise. Between Needles Bridge and Topock headed back to Channel. Lost belt on blower Vessle Assist $450 for tow back. I joined shortly after that. :cry: :argue:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast