Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: vessal assist

ACCEPTENCE
    Thanks Greg. I will definately be signing up at the start of the boat season. How does it work, say if I was driving someone elses boat? is it like AAA? I am one of the guys who doesnt like to use insurance, tow service, etc... unless it absolutely is needed, I like to have that "clean" record, keeps the rates down.
    It is good to have a stand up guy, who actually wants to help. Good to see your business expanding, you are doing a great job!
    Hey D,
    It's very similar to Triple A.
    If you borrowed that boat and it is under your command and you are a member, you are covered.
    Membership is different then insurance. You are paying for a membership that provides service. You have paid for that service and the cost of that service
    is not based on claims like conventional insurance.
    Here's a situation to look at:
    Your down in the Gorge and you run outta gas in a boat you borrowed!!! It's 6:30 p.m. and the sun is setting fast. The wife is pissed cause she told you to check the gas gage in the morning. Your buddy is toasted so he's no help. Your drifting into the rock cliffs and pushing off every 5 mins. This is gettin nasty by the moment. You gotta get back to Needles Marina or where ever.
    Or:
    Your having a great day on the river or on the lake and the tunes get softer because the battery is way low. It's the middle of the day and your just hangin on a sandy beach. No big deal, nothing to worry about. The boat won't start, still no big deal, you could always float 1/4 to the marina.
    NOT, those are reasons you have Vessel Assist You call dispatch and they will send a big red boat to your aid.
    And I would hope you would call Vessel Assist dispatch for service rather then flag down or accept a good samaritan tow. Like i said before I've seen several Good Sam tows turn ugly and into total loss salvages.
    Like the Gas Co. says "Glad To Be Of Service"
    Hope this explains it a little.
    Cheers, Greg
    Vessel Assist

dmontzsta
    Hey D,
    It's very similar to Triple A.
    If you borrowed that boat and it is under your command and you are a member, you are covered.
    Membership is different then insurance. You are paying for a membership that provides service. You have paid for that service and the cost of that service
    is not based on claims like conventional insurance.
    Here's a situation to look at:
    Your down in the Gorge and you run outta gas in a boat you borrowed!!! It's 6:30 p.m. and the sun is setting fast. The wife is pissed cause she told you to check the gas gage in the morning. Your buddy is toasted so he's no help. Your drifting into the rock cliffs and pushing off every 5 mins. This is gettin nasty by the moment. You gotta get back to Needles Marina or where ever.
    Or:
    Your having a great day on the river or on the lake and the tunes get softer because the battery is way low. It's the middle of the day and your just hangin on a sandy beach. No big deal, nothing to worry about. The boat won't start, still no big deal, you could always float 1/4 to the marina.
    NOT, those are reasons you have Vessel Assist You call dispatch and they will send a big red boat to your aid.
    And I would hope you would call Vessel Assist dispatch for service rather then flag down or accept a good samaritan tow. Like i said before I've seen several Good Sam tows turn ugly and into total loss salvages.
    Like the Gas Co. says "Glad To Be Of Service"
    Hope this explains it a little.
    Cheers, Greg
    Vessel Assist
    Its almost too good to be true in todays world.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234