Thread: HELP! Basic Stereo Setup Questions

InKahntrol
    I don't spend a lot of time in this section, since I don't know much about stereos or electronics. But, I need some advice and I figure this is the place to go.
    Here's the deal. I've just finished a ground-up resto of a 1971 Campbell daycruiser. I kinda went all-out on the cosmetic stuff and powertrain, and the funds are a little low for the stereo. I want a basic system, something to listen to while floating in the cove, but I don't need to rock the whole sand bar.
    I'm looking for a decent head unit (preferably with an audio input jack for my ipod and/or portable sirius), a decent amp, and four good speakers (and possibly a sub or bass tube if nec). Any ideas what something like this will cost me? I don't need anything fancy, just a professional installation that will compliment the rest of the boat.
    Also, the only place near me in the SFV I know of that does good work is Sounds Good. Anyone used them? Any other ideas for shops in the area that work on boats (not Best Buy)?
    Thanks a million,
    Dan

ROZ
    Alpine CDA9856 if you don't need a marine remote..CDA9857 if you do..
    ALpine PDX amps now seem the way to go. So, the Alpine PDX 4.150 would be great if you want to spend the cash. If you don't want to spend so much, the MRVF450 or a JL 3004 will do a decent job as well. I'd run 2 pr good 6x9's or 6.5's off channels 1 and 2, and bridge 3 and 4 to run a good single 10" or 12" subwoofer. Like you said, you're looking to something basic.. So there it is
    You could also use JL's E6450.. 6 channel that's 5/6 challens can be bridged to run a subwoofer. This means 4 speakers get their own power that can be independently balanced, and a subwoofer.
    JL w1 series sub and Boston Acoustics SX95 if you are using a custom grill, as BA's grill is not protective enough. I'd use JL TR690 or VR600cxi if you need a good grill...
    Hope this helps