Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Clock Is Ticking

missspent
    Just read an editorial in todays paper here in Havasu and was wondering what happened to Freedom? I think that the powers that be in Lake Havasu have forgotten about the word Freedom....The new ordinance related to the Channel will take effect on August 18th. The hum in the channel this last weekend is just exactly what will they do to the people in the channel...For example, if you are caught saying expletive words (even mumbling them) and a police officer hears these words you can be fined up to $2,500 or even receive a prison sentence....The verbage for the new ordiance goes like this...."prohibiting individuals who are intoxicated, and/or who are violent, seriously disruptive, unreasonably loud, or who utter abusive, obscene or offensive language, or engage in indecent exposure"....The word utter is really the important part of this concern...What happens if you stub your toe and say the "Shit" and a police officer hears that...you could, based on the ordiance be fined. I agree with some parts of this ordiance...but words can be presceived differently for those who our the powers that be? The weekend of August 18th should prove to be very interesting to all in the channel.
    We met some great Nordic and Cobra folks this weekend and the parade's where fantastic. View this past Saturday Channel Shots:
    lakehavasucityinfo.com
    http://www.lakehavasucityinfo.com

djunkie
    Thats why I say F-the channel. Theres other places on that lake I enjoy a lot more than that smelly piss infested water in the channel.

riverracerx
    Don't say "F-the Channel" out loud or you will get arrested!

djunkie
    Doh!!!!!!!!! :crossx:

That Guy
    By the way...I really like the best boat name this week :crossx: and the girls in the pic are smoking hot :crossx:
    Nice to meet you in the channel this week and "I would like to thank the academy for this award and to my mom and dad and to the ......" :crossx: :crossx:

RiverDave
    I think somebody should get a large boat that is 1' under the legal limit to moore in the channel, and get large Vinyl Stickers that go down both sides that say
    "F the New Ordinance" But with spelling out the "F"
    According to the new ordinance I believe it would be legal.. But the F word down the side of a boat might be considered more offensive to some then say.. Girls dancing? LOL
    Be interesting to see what happens.
    RD

RitcheyRch
    Not if the LE doesnt hear you.

MR HARLEY
    By the way...I really like the best boat name this week :crossx: and the girls in the pic are smoking hot :crossx:
    Nice to meet you in the channel this week and "I would like to thank the academy for this award and to my mom and dad and to the ......" :crossx: :crossx:
    I dont see "that guy" with Denise anywhere around.
    http://www.lakehavasucityinformation...rtyone_gif.gif

H20 Toie
    I think somebody should get a large boat that is 1' under the legal limit to moore in the channel, and get large Vinyl Stickers that go down both sides that say
    "F the New Ordinance" But with spelling out the "F"
    According to the new ordinance I believe it would be legal.. But the F word down the side of a boat might be considered more offensive to some then say.. Girls dancing? LOL
    Be interesting to see what happens.
    RD
    hum mine is one foot under the limit

Jyruiz
    It would probably be a good show, pull up a chair and watch what happens starting the 18th. Too bad I am going to be there a weekend too early.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast