Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Clock Is Ticking

Todd969
    Maybe I'm naive, but I think the ordinance will be enforced in a way that will make the channel a better place.
    Maybe it will create some freedom for people to bring their families down there without having to subject them to a non family type environment.
    The lake is a big place, and for those who feel they can't comply with the ordinance, there are lots of places to get away.
    Right there with ya. I don't have any issues with the channel. Then again I own a POS pontoon and could give a rats ass about the sandbar or any other areas with that atmosphere. I spend my time where I want and it just happens that we enjoy the channel.

HavasuSelect
    Apparentley obscenity isn't protected in the constitution...
    "Obscenity and Prior Restraint .--Only in the obscenity area has there emerged a substantial consideration of the doctrine of prior restraint and the doctrine's use there may be based upon the proposition that obscenity is not a protected form of expression"
    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/c...nt01/09.html#3

slowinhavasu
    This is a bunch of hoopla over nothing....if you aint doing the crime you wont do the time....
    Come on, this law is for the a-holes who are coming to Havasu for one reason, to cause trouble.....
    We drove out to Copper Sunday morning and yelled Fu** just to hear the echo...It was great...LOL
    There was no echo in the channel...
    And for the record, this law applies to the whole city, not just the channel
    So don't be a loud, drunk,cursing a-hole in our city, or your going to the pokie...
    Party on Garth...........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234