Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandcar Advise

catman-do
    Anyone have any general sandcar advise. Im looking for something primarily for the lady to drive. Long Travel, atleast a v6, atleast a 091 bus trans or mendeola 4e/2d, and 5 seater.... Ive only riden in a Funco Gen5 big 4 and an Extreme Double Throwdown. HOWEVER, we are looking in the mid 30 range.... We've narrowed it down to SS Sandcars (phoenix), RFR ( Las Vegas), and Dirty Habits (riverside)... I just dont know the particulars that might make a car ride a little better or a little more durable for when im driving.
    Jeff

Trailer Park Casanova
    In the $30K range you're looking at the right stuff.
    The non-V8 Dune crews I hang with mostly drive these, but a bit more pricy, The finest kine Quality for the things you mention:
    http://www.suspensionsunlimited.net/
    Kathy, the owner is a ***boater, Lives at Del Rio, she'll be glad to answer questions.
    Very knowledgeable.

bruddah
    not sure if your looking for used, but if you go to the forums on glamisdunes.com there are a lot of barely used very nice cars in the classifieds in your price range. are you going to be using the car in primarily dunes or desert terrain as well. if you are going for dualsport keep in mind that you may need a little bit more heavy duty materials than a conventional longtravel sandcar. good luck!

One of my good friends builds sand cars here in Phoenix.
    www.revenge-racing.com
    They have cars from a 30k sand rail to a 250k class 1 offroad race car.
    Good luck with your search.

DMOORE
    Try DUNEBUGGY.COM. There are literally HUNDREDS of cars for sale. Anything and everything you could ever want.
    Darrell.

x7734x
    If you are going new check out www.sandwinder.com or www.monsterrails.net good cars at good prices if you are looking used definitally check out the classified section @ www.dunebuggy.com

wsuwrhr
    I would recommend a Subaru 4cyl or 6 cyl if you are planning on running a
    V-6.
    The lower center of gravity afforded by the flat engine design will result in better handling.
    my .02
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    091 might be hard pressed for long term reliablity for a car over 3-400 HP also.
    Brian

HMF'er
    While you're shopping, check out Sniper Sand Cars in Banning. The owner is a buddy and he has a website. I'm no expert in Sandcars so I can't tell you much about them. Good Luck.

catman-do
    Trailer Park - Ive taken a look at the suspensions unltd a few times. They have a shop near em off the 15, nice cars however way over priced for the equipment. Everything I looked at was in the 60K range yet was more comparable to the cars in the 45k range. Thanks though!
    x7734x- Ill check out those websites. The mosterrails I looked at over the weekend... Freekin sick ass rails but I cant afford 70k. Also looking to stay away from the subaru's. Ive seen too many grenade and dont want to be constantly fixing them. But that motor is badass!! I like the turbo spooloing up and the blowoff sounds.
    I will definately check out those other sites and also look into some used rails.
    Thanks everyone for the input!
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast