Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elephant Butte New Mexico

Biglue
    Hello all.
    Had a few questions about Elephant Butte NM and I figured you Midwest folks would be the best to ask. We are planning a trip with several ISL forum members out to this lake in June. We are making it a place where it will be the closest thing to a mid way point to Texas folks and Cali people. Any info and input will be greatly appreciated.
    1) What is a good/best camping ground there? Will be several families.
    2) Can boats be left in water overnight?
    3) Will the lake be smaller boat friendly? (Jet boats etc).
    4) Is there any waterfront camp sites?
    5) Is anyone aware of any scheduling conflicts like races and so forth in the month of June?
    Thanks in advance folks.
    Louie.

Ken F
    Did a Google search for "camping Elephant Butte New Mexico"
    http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr...sa=X&oi=localr
    http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/nmparks/
    http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/nmparks...UTTE/BUTTE.HTM
    I used to go there a lot when I lived in Santa Fe, but that was 25 years ago-
    Beautiful lake
    Ken F

LUVNLIFE
    Can someone throw up some pics, preferably where the races are held there. I was always curious of what it was like and the turnout. Race pics would be even better. Thanks

C-2
    Send carreraboat from this board a PM - Bo lives there and is very familiar with the lake, and its current water level (maybe he'll see this post too).
    We staged a poker run there in 2002, at which time the lake was down like 90' - literally. Despite that, we had a really good time and stayed at a bitchen little bed & breakfast at "The Dam Site"
    http://www.damsiteresortnm.com/
    Like I said before, the lake was really down but still plenty of water. It was a great change of pace.
    If not here, try this thread in the sandbar too. Good luck.

carreraboat
    hello big lue i would be more than happy to help you guys make reservations and what ever else you may need always like to meet new peeps when are you planning to come out so we can everyone together and show you guys a
    good time. there are alot of hot boaters herer in the state
    bo young
    505-341-1230
    ps the lake is surrounded by beach killer camping right on the water

carreraboat
    hey luvnlife they change the location of the drags depending on water level tough to show you just one spot

Biglue
    hello big lue i would be more than happy to help you guys make reservations and what ever else you may need always like to meet new peeps when are you planning to come out so we can everyone together and show you guys a
    good time. there are alot of hot boaters herer in the state
    bo young
    505-341-1230
    ps the lake is surrounded by beach killer camping right on the water
    Thanks a lot bro. I apprieciate it.
    The trip is looking like it's gonna be in June. Still quite a ways away but it is gonna be a fairly big deal. SOme of our Texas friends are drving up and meeting up with some Cali and AZ people. The reason we are looking into it so far in advance is to insure that we can meet at a place where it will suit everyone.
    I will definitely give you a call later on in the day. And if you could join us as well......shit the more the merrier.
    Thanks again,
    Louie.

Greaser
    That damn site resort looks like the perfect place for us to meet up!!!!!

carreraboat
    dam site is nice they have some new bed and breakfast rooms that overlook the lake and have slips for your boat if a enough of people want to stay there i know the owner and can get some smokin deals on rooms. they have a nice inside/outside bar that usually has a band on the weekends

CandyA$$
    dam site is nice they have some new bed and breakfast rooms that overlook the lake and have slips for your boat if a enough of people want to stay there i know the owner and can get some smokin deals on rooms. they have a nice inside/outside bar that usually has a band on the weekends
    I already sent them a note asking for info and cost.
    Let them know
    Oh hey Carrera
    I am sending you a pm - K

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast