Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM trickle down effect..??

al cole'holic
    ..or is our dealership in Simi that WEAK
    I brought my Suburban in around 7am this morning, front end has felt like poop for a while so what the hell I have the warranty. They call me about 2 hours later saying it was good to go. I get there and get a bill for $117, then I read it, $98 for bringing the car in, $18 to grease the steering shaft...guess the $98 is for my shafting

ratso
    I brought my Suburban in around 7am this morning, front end has felt like poop for a while so what the hell I have the warranty. They call me about 2 hours later saying it was good to go. I get there and get a bill for $117, then I read it, $98 for bringing the car in, $18 to grease the steering shaft...guess the $98 is for my shafting
    ...would that fall under maintenance or warranty???

ratso
    Although $98 seems steep.

TOBTEK
    I just had this steering shaft lube kit done under WARRANTY. id be asking questions to way you paid for it. And Ive heard it takes all of 15 mins to install the kit.

al cole'holic
    ...they said it doesn't fall under warranty...does it matter if I have the GMPP warranty dealio?? Is there someone I can call about this?? There's principalities here...!

CHEETAH24
    $98.00 one hour labor (i know it takes less).$18.00 for the kit. GMPP will only cover it if the shaft is broke. What's even worse is the lube will only last about 10.000 miles.

LSCP
    If the sub. is under factory or GMPP warranty it should be covered. Free of charge.

IMPATIENT 1
    if you have gmpp warranty or factory bumper to bumper still in effect(3yrs/36k miles warranty) then it should have been covered. if not the price is rite for a steering shaft lube kit to be installed.it had a clunk in lf rite?

IMPATIENT 1
    $98.00 one hour labor (i know it takes less).$18.00 for the kit. GMPP will only cover it if the shaft is broke. What's even worse is the lube will only last about 10.000 miles.
    i bought a industrial size can of anti seize and use it instead, shit never needs redone!! i've kept up with some customers i've done this to and all have over 30k more miles on em, anti seize is the way to go, to hell with the moly lube!!!

al cole'holic
    ...I see now, theres a sign that says "MINIMUM LABOR CHARGE $98"...just like the boating industry! :boxed:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast