Thread: Lake Nacimiento Camping

kingsransomracing
    When at Lake Nacimiento years ago we would stay in the condos. we are thinking of going camping and I was wondering what the best campsite to stay at is. Are there any where I can leave the boat on the water over night anchored? We are planning for September after labor day for a week. Is it decent night weather where you can get sleep or is it too hot up there during the night?

Titan7
    This time of the year it's hot! During the day near 100 but at night it drops to the high 60s low 70s. Sandy point (I think that's the name) is where we camp, and we can leave the boat in the water and it's direct sight. Nice lake!

kingsransomracing
    Says it not suggested for vehicles towing boats. Do you launch at the main ramp and leave your trailer there, and then drive the boat over to the campground

Second "PLACE"
    I would suggest Pine Knolls campground. It is right at the launch ramp, and convinient. Campspots are first come first serve, and yes you can moor the boat overnight. Nice lake for sure.
    www.nacimientoresort.com

Titan7
    Sandy point is just has tight roads for boats and trailiers, it sort of a pain but it not impossible. Most of the camp area at Sandy Point is on the side of the hill, it's only flat near the water and there are not than many spots down there. Perhaps the other suggestions would be better? I have only been to sandy point.
    Have fun!

TAYLOR21
    Rent The Travel Trailers Much Nicer Then Camping. We Camped The First Year And It Was Hot And The Ground Is Hard Had A Hard Time With The Tents. This Year We Stayed In The Trailer And It Was Really Nice You Are In The Same Area But Have A Restroom Showers, A\c, Ect. Well Worth The Money