Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap ATV's..

Burn Out
    Looking around on ebay and see some cheap atv's made in china for sale in the states. SUNL and AIM-EX are a couple brands I see. Almost half the cost of brand names like yamaha and honda. Anyone have any luck with these or hear anything about them? Looking for my kids...so thinking a 50cc is good for beginners? I see a lot of 110cc also....so is that for teenage years? I seen one in person here at the fair, the SUNL brand, and looks decent, like a knock off of a yamaha! Imagine that!! :rollside:

stvneil
    call around and see what parts are available. :cry: :idea:

mickeyfinn
    The patent on some of the older Honda engines ran out. Chinese bought some of the actual production equipment from Honda. They are making descent quality exact copies of stuff. If you have a Honda 50,90,100 or some other size you can actually buy an engine replacement from them at 1/2 the cost. Lot cheaper, but unfortunately we all contribute to our economic slow down or worse by buying their cheap shit. Pretty good quality overall though

HocusPocus
    better off paying a little more and getting a name with more history behind it. i heard somewhere that you can't even get some of the cheap atv's green stickered in cali?

Trailer Park Casanova
    We dune all the time and here's the facts on the cheapie china quads:
    If their is any morning dew, or damp weather, or ya ride through a puddle or even wet ground or sand they quit.
    They are very slow, and clunky.
    Better off buying used name brand and you'll take less depreciation when ya sell over the China stuff.
    I know they're tempting, but they are trouble + zero resale, gutless can't keep up with a simple group family ride.
    Known as keeper quads. On sale now at Pep Boys BTW.
    Just my humble opinion, others may have had better experiences.
    We stick with Yami, Kawa, Honda and Zuki.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...06_008-med.jpg

GETSOME
    They are great for what you get for the price. But i would not buy it too go on any long trips. It would be great if you have little ones that will grow out of a bike fast and they are just going to ride around camp. I have a china built 110 dirt bike that is pretty fast for what it is and will pull the wheel in 1,2,3 gear. And you can buy parts over the internet for cheap. Just my .02

HM
    One of the main reasons they can't be green stickered is they don't have pink slips.
    Go to Out The Door Motorsports and you can get name brand at a great price.

SHOTKALLIN
    Would these be those cheap quads sold at pep boys? I walked into pep boy the other day and was greeted by the intercom piping in spanish advertisments. I wanted to press 1 so I could hear it in English.

HavasuSelect
    I took a look at some of the little off-brand pit bikes at Pep Boys and I noticed that some of them had engines made by Suzuki.

OCMerrill
    Suzuki LT50 - I bought one for our son from some freinds pretty well used. Its been through many kids so mine is next. I looked at all the china stuff and the fact is a well used Lt50 for example is 10x what that crap will ever be. Engines copied from Honda is a bonus but still...Just an opinion.
    There are so many China quads now its hard to tell who makes or sells what. Later on when you need a part...will that sales guy be around? Also the prices in the cycle-trader are not what you can buy one for. There are extra fees from these fly by night resellers that make Pep Boys about the only straight forward seller around.
    This LT50 was $600 - A few parts later and were good. Runs like a swiss watch. Looks good as well.
    My advice is to watch the paper and let someone else buy those things.
    We dune all the time and here's the facts on the cheapie china quads:
    If their is any morning dew, or damp weather, or ya ride through a puddle or even wet ground or sand they quit.
    They are very slow, and clunky.
    Better off buying used name brand and you'll take less depreciation when ya sell over the China stuff.
    I know they're tempting, but they are trouble + zero resale, gutless can't keep up with a simple group family ride.
    Known as keeper quads. On sale now at Pep Boys BTW.
    Just my humble opinion, others may have had better experiences.
    We stick with Yami, Kawa, Honda and Zuki.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...06_008-med.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast