Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calculating Costs of Refurbing

TJS
    I have been refurbishing a Nordic I got while back. I have been keeping track of all costs with an excel spread sheet. I have many tabs that break out to the hull, pump, engine parts, engine machine work, trailer...etc. I got the boat with no engine but was set up for a Ford. I changed it to a chevy. I did not have any BBC parts, bolts or accessories so that was more cost. I am at the final assembly and rigging stage right now and I cannot believe the total cost so far and I did not even get the boat wet yet. I did not realize how much this project has cost. Anyone else keep track. I have part numbers and vendors as well.
    Thanks.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

GasGuzzler
    Keep up with cost? Ha! I have my receipts buried out in the back yard in a lock box because if "she" found out she would want to spend that much shopping!

jetboat
    dont even go there!when i sak my wife for $xxxxx. she gos roght to the toilet and shits a nother $xxxx. only have a general amount spent on a total redo.just ask to go to the john,and get moore money!

Think HIGH and times ten the figure

I have been refurbishing a Nordic I got while back. I have been keeping track of all costs with an excel spread sheet. I have many tabs that break out to the hull, pump, engine parts, engine machine work, trailer...etc. I got the boat with no engine but was set up for a Ford. I changed it to a chevy. I did not have any BBC parts, bolts or accessories so that was more cost. I am at the final assembly and rigging stage right now and I cannot believe the total cost so far and I did not even get the boat wet yet. I did not realize how much this project has cost. Anyone else keep track. I have part numbers and vendors as well.
    Thanks.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Mine wasn't even a total resto and I kept the Ford. With the cost of the boat I probably got around $14,000 into it.
    That's probably about half of what I could actually sell it for. I could buy another better, faster hull with a good motor in it and spend less than $14,000. You can't look at it that way. Mine's been a learning experience and I wouldn't trade the education I got from it.
    Well................maybe I would if the price was right$$$$$$$$$$$$

TJS
    I am at 14,732 right now and just orderd some plumbing stuff.
    I have most of the parts to get wet now though.
    T.J.

DelawareDave
    There is no way in H**L I would attempt to keep track of, or even try to justify what I have spent on my current project, or any other boat I have ever had. If I did, I would probably have myself commited to a nut house, if my wife didn't kill me first! :messedup:

DelawareDave
    Oh- TJS- ya want another Nordic project?

napabob
    Using a 'Cost of living comparison calculator', it would add 37.42% to your expenditures in the west coast.

460 jus getn it
    All said and done i was into mine about 11,000 and i still have to do a complete interior. Wouldnt trade the learning experience for nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast