Thread: Steering With Diverter?

El Prosecutor
    For you guys that are running diverters, how tight is the steering?
    My old 12JC doesn't even have an O-ring in the steering nozzle, and with a new cable it is easy one hand "power steering" and I like it that way. For obvious reasons I do want to run a diverter though. How much does your diverter effect the steering? Anybody tested the loss suffered by running the diverter without the O-ring?

centerhill condor
    The steering is just fine. One handed as you write...you'll be just fine and will love the difference the trim makes!

Avenger 1975
    Keep in mind that the diverter will replace your current nozzle and will come with a new O-ring, also new pins and bushings so all steering pivot items will be new. I just installed a hydraulic diverter a few weeks ago and noticed no difference in steering resistance, though my steering is already hard to start with as I need a new cable.
    You'll love the diverter, the difference is huge.

IMPATIENT 1
    For you guys that are running diverters, how tight is the steering?
    My old 12JC doesn't even have an O-ring in the steering nozzle, and with a new cable it is easy one hand "power steering" and I like it that way. For obvious reasons I do want to run a diverter though. How much does your diverter effect the steering? Anybody tested the loss suffered by running the diverter without the O-ring?
    it will suffer a huge loss of thrust without the ring bein there, the nozzle directs the thrust, yours is goin out in frt of the nozzle and back, not very efficient.

lilrick
    it will suffer a huge loss of thrust without the ring bein there, the nozzle directs the thrust, yours is goin out in frt of the nozzle and back, not very efficient.
    I agree. You should replace the O-ring ...big difference.

BRAWNY
    i'll second that: o-ring will help your gas mileage also.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I have never noted any difference o-ring-less. Also my o-ring will only stay in about 2 days. Long ago dad quit replacing it, I did once before I called it off. Not a place diverter tho, Factory Berk "F".

LGCDEVIL
    I have never noted any difference o-ring-less. Also my o-ring will only stay in about 2 days. Long ago dad quit replacing it, I did once before I called it off. Not a place diverter tho, Factory Berk "F".
    On one of my boats, the nozzle turns too far and lets the O ring rotate outside of the droop. It would blow it out every time I turned full lock one way or the other. I drilled and tapped the nozzle for a 10/32 allen head bolt, so it limits how far the nozzle will turn. I have the bolts adjusted so just a little of the O ring is visible outside the droop. Haven't blown out my O ring since