Thread: Russell Fuel Tanks?

DelawareDave
    Anyone have a link for, or know where to buy Russell tank mounting brackets? I need one SS 8 1/2" round mount.

TJS
    I bought a dip stick from CP Performance and was cruising around their site and they have the tank mounts you are looking for. Mine are in good shape so I am reusing them. Yay, at least there is something I can re-use on my Nordic.
    T.J.

DelawareDave
    CP only has Imco mounts. They are mild steel with a plastic/rubber coating. I want a stainless steel one without the coating. I have 3, and need 1 more.

TJS
    Ya I really did not click on the details. I just looked at the pic. I have the uncoated stainless ones.
    T.J.

Blown Away
    I bought the last of russels inventory. I still have lots of brackets 253-939 8733 Skagen boats I don't have my pars list up on the home page so call Tony Skagen
    www.skagenboats .com

DelawareDave
    Been a couple of weeks since I posted this. I had no luck finding a stainless bracket, the right size, so I decided to make 4 new ones myself. When I looked at what I had I realized the brackets were not made correctly anyway. They closed up tight around the tank, but there was still a bit of a gap in places. I made up a sketch, figured the material required, and called our warehouse for some stainless flat bar. It cost me $20 for 2 pieces of 1/8"x1"x12' 304 SS. Then I found a place to get the rubber insulator material that was on the old ones. $5 for 4 pieces 1/8"x1"x30".
    Then I took one of the old ones over to our misc shop, and had the guy over there duplicate the old one, but to the correct ID, and gap. He finally gave them to me today, and even polished them for me! I'll post up a pic as soon as I get home to the camera.