Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Rebuild

Bradf
    Hey guys, hows it going? As you can see im new to the forums Hoorah. I just picked up this summer a 72 eliminator w/ a 455 Olds in it. Everything is in -great- condition except the pump (berkley pump), it slightly leaks and id like to rebuild it. The problem is I know exactly nothing about what a pump looks like inside, or how exactly it works. Anyone got any good links/reads i could check out? or perhaps a rough estimate on what it costs to get the pump rebuilt (or a kit to do it myself although im a bit shy about it) Any contributions would be greatly appreciated!
    New Jetter
    -Brad

Brooski
    Here ya go, this oughta start you out.
    http://www.cpperformance.com/TechTip...ld/default.htm

Bradf
    Oh wow, thanks alot! Nice site.

IMPATIENT 1
    Hey guys, hows it going? As you can see im new to the forums Hoorah. I just picked up this summer a 72 eliminator w/ a 455 Olds in it. Everything is in -great- condition except the pump (berkley pump), it slightly leaks and id like to rebuild it. The problem is I know exactly nothing about what a pump looks like inside, or how exactly it works. Anyone got any good links/reads i could check out? or perhaps a rough estimate on what it costs to get the pump rebuilt (or a kit to do it myself although im a bit shy about it) Any contributions would be greatly appreciated!
    New Jetter
    -Brad
    BRAD ,IT ISN'T THAT BAD IF YA HAVE ANY WRENCH EXPERIENCE.SQUIRTIN THUNDER HAS A SELL GOIN ON HIS MASTER OVERHAUL KITS.HE HAS THE BEST PRICES I'VE SEEN ON EM SO FAR.MIGHT TRACK HIM DOWN AND PM HIM FOR INFO.I'VE BUILT A COUPLE BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE AND WITHOUT ANY HELP THEY CAME OUT FINE.STILL RUNNIN THE 1ST ONE I DID REAL HARD(MY TAYLOR).

Rondane
    BRAD ,IT ISN'T THAT BAD IF YA HAVE ANY WRENCH EXPERIENCE.SQUIRTIN THUNDER HAS A SELL GOIN ON HIS MASTER OVERHAUL KITS.HE HAS THE BEST PRICES I'VE SEEN ON EM SO FAR.MIGHT TRACK HIM DOWN AND PM HIM FOR INFO.I'VE BUILT A COUPLE BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE AND WITHOUT ANY HELP THEY CAME OUT FINE.STILL RUNNIN THE 1ST ONE I DID REAL HARD(MY TAYLOR).
    i thought there was a thing here about SPAM? If you look around thats really a normal price anywhere for kits. Don't see what he big deal is. ST needs to give it a rest. Do they have a bed here for ya or something?
    Just buy the seloc book to guide you thru and get your kit close so you can save on shipping. Shipping can be a doozy on this stuff if your not careful.

El Prosecutor
    i thought there was a thing here about SPAM? If you look around thats really a normal price anywhere for kits. Don't see what he big deal is. ST needs to give it a rest. Do they have a bed here for ya or something?
    Just buy the seloc book to guide you thru and get your kit close so you can save on shipping. Shipping can be a doozy on this stuff if your not careful.
    I need a kit and haven't bought one yet, but I for one hope ST doesn't "give it a rest". He is one of a handful that really make this board as great as it is. I was in the same position as Brad when I joined the board in December, and I now have my pump torn down and ready to rebuild, due largely to ST's (and a few others') willingness to answer questions. If Mr. ST, or anyone else willing to give there valuable time and expertise to newbies on the boards gets some advertising stroke out of the deal I say "more power to 'em".

IMPATIENT 1
    you ever herd of keepin business in the family. we keep our business amongst fellow ***boaters. i've herd there's a section for you over in the "know it all fucs" forums. :idea:

Slacker
    Bradf, some people know it all..... for those of us who dont this is what the forum is for. Look up in the search section, you can usually find alot of info there.. It has helped me out in the past..ST is always out there trying to help people !

sidewound
    If you have any mechanical aptitude you can do it yourself. You will need a couple specialty tools though. If you can borrow them that's cool. I made my own.
    I'm not a cheerleader but I got what I thought was a good price from Duane at htp for the kit and he bent over backwards for me repairing the shaft and with advice on doing the rebuild. Just my experience. I was very happy with the results.
    Good luck with your project!
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

Mighty Thor
    Everything is in -great- condition except the pump (berkley pump), it slightly leaks and id like to rebuild it.
    -Brad
    I am sure some one has already mentioned it in a PM but I will post it here, are you sure it needs to be rebuilt? The jets are supposed to leak a little around the packing gland so that it does not heat up as the shaft turns. In other words, a little drip of water at the front of the pump might be normal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast