Thread: Lake Powell

TCN
    We are making our reservation for next summer and need input on the best houseboat rental @ Waahweep (sp) marina. We are interested in either the 59' or 75' boats. Thanks in advance. Nick

INSman
    Nick
    My share on a beautiful 75' Houseboat will be up for sale after this years trip, which is coming up next week. Includes(2) Supercharged SeaDoo's and is a First Class boat with only (9) other owners.
    http://www.windwalkerhb.com/
    Our boat is the Windwalker. The boat is less than (3) years old and launches out of Wahweap.

Titan7
    I have rented out of Wahweep the last 4 times we have gone. We always got the 59' Admiral class boat which is now the Discovery. They are good, there were a few small problems the first time we went but now I know what to look for and have hand picked my boat each year. Those boats are getting older.
    I am leaving on Sun 8/27 for a week at Powell on their new Odessey 75' boat which looks awesome. It's really expensive $11,231 per week :220v: With 5 couples it's not too bad.
    It has 6 staterooms, a hot tub on the top deck and 3 bathrooms, it's looks really nice!! I can't wait!!

havasu5150
    Our group is thinking about doing a week or so at Powell next year. What is the best month to go weather wise?

91nordic29
    Our group is thinking about doing a week or so at Powell next year. What is the best month to go weather wise?
    why, the first week of august, of course! (see POWELFEST threads)

TCN
    Thanks for the replies. I think the info I am looking for is which rental company @ Wahweep have people used and been happy with. There are a few different ones but I am just looking for the one that seems to make the customers happy. We have never been to Powell so I am reluctant to spend 20-40K on a time share on an unknown vacation. I am sure we are going to love it and want to do it every year for the rest of our lives and I will kick myself for not buying the timeshare now but sometimes I have to learn the hard way. We are going to make our reservation in the next week so the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nick

INSman
    I think it is ARAMARK that has the semi exclusive concession on Powell for houseboat rentals.
    http://www.lakepowell.com/houseboats.php