Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stevens boat co.

vdriver4ever
    I have a 427 Holman and Moody Ford in my 71 Nordskog. The FE big blocks are getting harder and harder to find. I would love to put some injection on it. However it's probably best to keep the speed down in order to preserve the boat. Who knows maybe your boat was one my dad put together??? I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I met a guy one day on the river by my house. [Susqahana River by Binghamton NY.] He flagged me down. I stopped and he says WoW I haven't seen a Stevens in years.
    He went on to explain that him and two friends in 1973 all bought 17 ft Stevens. They were all small block powered. The funny part about his story is that the boats were all shipped by airplane. He claimed that they were flown into Scranton PA airport in a transport plane of some kind. I thought that was kinda strange.

64stevens
    Does any one know of v drive clubs in northern Ca? I would like to get more info on some and get to know others that love v drive boats.

Kindsvater Flat
    64stevens:
    Does any one know of v drive clubs in northern Ca? I would like to get more info on some and get to know others that love v drive boats. Just follow this forum. There are quite of a few of us that go to Lake Berryessa, Camp Far West and numerous small lakes and rivers. There is always something planned 2 days before a weekend.

63stevens
    The Classic V-drive Club of America Headquarters are Located around Fresno. Most of their get togethers are located in Northern Cal. The web site is www.v-driveboats.com

Since most of the Stevens owners are here, do ANY of you have a good logo to take a good digital shot of?

stilettovdrive
    Damn,that looks good.
    Do anyone have measurements or drawing for a stevens???
    IT COULD VERY WELL END UP AS MY NEW PROJECT.
    Thanks
    Thomas "the viking" Gisler Larsen.
    [ July 04, 2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: stilettovdrive ]

GN117 Big Dawg
    Stillettovdrive!!!! Damn it boy! A v-driver from Denmark, holy moly, I'll bet you got the only one
    in town!?! Bet it gets a little lonesome at the lake or river that you guys go hot roddin' at !
    Tell us about your flattie, what mo-mo, hull, trailer, tell us all the stuff man don't leave us hangin' post pics lot and lot of pics! Do you guys go circle racing or drag racing or what ? Who is the fast guy there, what are his numbers? If you are cirle racing, what classes do you all run, what are their rules? Talk to us!

stilettovdrive
    Well,Big Dawg, i am Currenley trying to upload the pictures of my boat.
    Its currentley finished, without engine.
    V-drive on the way from CA.
    Yes, i probabley are the only one in denmark, who owns a v-drive flattie, there are a couple of v.- drive boats over here, bot no one designed and build for speed, like mine.
    I have build the hull from scratch,in plywood, with fibreglass, and a whole lot of plasticpadding, sanding, and filling it is impossible to find a hull in Denmark, it has taken me 2,5-3 years by now, and i aim to launch, with homebuild Stainless headers, dodge challenger engine, next spring.at 6 o'clock in the morning,with open headers so all the neigbours at my parents holyday home will know that my boat is in the water, then we will have a party, get pissed, and celebrate my new project, whatever it ends up to be.
    I currently dont have a trailer, you cant buy one for propeller in Denmark, they are all for outboard- setups, so the next will be to have my neigbour help me with the making of one.
    I am playing with the thougt of making a trailer in stainless steel, since i have easy access to the materials.
    Anyway, since i cant buy anything from shops on Denmark, i use these pages to seek advice, and to see pictures of things i need for the boat,so everything is prettymuch of my own construction.
    I must admitt that i am totally chocked by this interrest for my boat, i am used to comments like " when you go that fast, you cant fish", and Why does it have to be a v8??"
    "BEACAUSE IT WILL GO FASTER, YOU BORING PRICK DUUUHHHH",
    AND NOW; GET OUT OF MY WORKSHOP; AND FIND A GAYBAR; GET PISSED; AND OUT OF MY FACE; THIS IS A THING FOR REAL MEN.
    We dont have any classes or anything like that, simply beacause there is noone else but me who does this.
    But i am sure it will be worth it.
    Thomas "the viking " Gisler Larsen.
    [ July 04, 2003, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: stilettovdrive ]

Kurtis500
    I must admitt that i am totally chocked by this interrest for my boat, i am used to comments like " when you go that fast, you cant fish", and Why does it have to be a v8??"
    "BEACAUSE IT WILL GO FASTER, YOU BORING PRICK DUUUHHHH",
    AND NOW; GET OUT OF MY WORKSHOP; AND FIND A GAYBAR; GET PISSED; AND OUT OF MY FACE; THIS IS A THING FOR REAL MEN.
    We dont have any classes or anything like that, simply beacause there is noone else but me who does this.
    But i am sure it will be worth it.
    Thomas "the viking " Gisler Larsen.
    Looks like you'll fit right in here!
    I have 2 friends from Germany (Lufthansa pilots) who I regularly take out on my v-drive's to ski and screw around with. They love it so much, they keep coming back.....for 10 years now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast