Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flat rat swim

ss396
    on sat at the newport wa. boat races flat rat from montana thought it would be fun the hot foot it coming out of the third corner. he hit a roller and went for a swim :cry: and so did his really nice boat. :cry: i talked to him today, along with circle jerk. circle jerk told him he would go swimming if he did not stop jumping on the that good old gas peddle to quick. flat rat got his boat all cleaned out and has the motor filled with desiel to keep the rust out for the drive back to montana where men are men and sheep run scared. baaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa. we will see you at moses lake wa. do not be :boxed: bring it on. :argue:

boatguy222
    Sorry to hear that Tim got wet :cry: , but not a big surprise to me, that boat was NEVER made to go around a corner.

CircleJerk
    Yess ss396:: Well, great weekend! 10 flats, with two ski boats not running either from mechanical whoas or not having a class for them. So, 3 faster 468 cube boats took the course and 5 SK under 410 cubes. However with the carnage to follow, some SKs became the fast heat participants for Sundays finals.
    Let me backtrack, the river was way low with a narrow channel and out of bounds due to large rocks just below the surface. This prevented a three wide race anywhere. So the Outlaws agreed to stay only two abreast and that meant the lane one and two boats were up front blocking the rear three and four designated lane boats. With lane rotation, this evened the competition but all had to make a good run at the clock almost like a flag start.
    Heat one SK: I had lane 2 and the better start to win with the former Davis Hondo Sprint earning second. Sharons Ford Wickens and Five Os Sanger were cruising....but blocked.
    Heat one 468: was a barn burner with our lovable FlatRat and his conrad McKinley MOONtana buddy in lane three and four. Sweet Caroline was #2 and the 'Animal red Hondo' (Jerry knows which boat) in lane 1 Blanket racing was maintained for 2 and 1/2 laps until animal made his move out of turn 2 and blasted by the 2nd and 1st place guys in 1/2 of a straight and, after viewing the video, was in first, 2 boat lengths ahead at the turn 4 exit buoy, when he hit a roller and the throttle at the same time. (my opinion) ONe, two bounces and 'Mustard Rat' driver was catapulted clear on the third, the pretty Howard runner splashed injector tubes down soft enough to only tweak the right header with NO damage to anything else, except the drivers pride and his potential upset victory! This had to be the most exciting three lap 4 boat heat ever! Tim is slightly sore but he still consumed his usual dose of cheese and porage that Saturday night with ribbing all around! Or was that Frenchs mustard? He wasnt skeeared though.
    Sunday dawned with two fast boats scratched and two SKs moving up to fill their place. I was one who volunteered and had a ball with a second and a third while leading laps of each heat. When awards came out, and consideration for class changes were figured in, it was decided to combine all points for both classes to determine the overall winner. My wife came out of retirement and jumped into our boat right after my final and put on the show of the year with the new girl Sharon edging her by a nose......dont say powder puff nose, but it was that close giving Mother Robins' new racing friend her first heat win! with a FORD! I finished first overall for my first win in 4 years! Many Thanks goes to Gary, Tom, Mike, for helping me get the Ladies L-boat into shape and Tim and Steve, YOU were AWSUM,,,,,,,and now flat rats a little wiser!

CircleJerk
    [QUOTE=boatguy222]Sorry to hear that Tim got wet :cry: , but not a big surprise to me, that boat was NEVER made to go around a corner.[/QUOT
    It went around corners better than anyone expected! I guess you had to be there or, view the video I just did, Great job Rat, that thing hauls the bacon! You are now a graduate from the 'Outlaw College of Hard Knocks and Reciprocative Wisdom'!

FlatRat
    [QUOTE=boatguy222]Sorry to hear that Tim got wet :cry: , but not a big surprise to me, that boat was NEVER made to go around a corner.[/QUOT
    It went around corners better than anyone expected! I guess you had to be there or, view the video I just did, Great job Rat, that thing hauls the bacon! You are now a graduate from the 'Outlaw College of Hard Knocks and Reciprocative Wisdom'!
    It's 1:00 am,we just got in.Thanks to all helped to retreive the Howard.It was really fast down the straights,and yes it wasn't built to turn.But it wasn't bad.I'm smarter now.No more Jeckel and Hyde :argue:......ha!!

FlatRat
    on sat at the newport wa. boat races flat rat from montana thought it would be fun the hot foot it coming out of the third corner. he hit a roller and went for a swim :cry: and so did his really nice boat. :cry: i talked to him today, along with circle jerk. circle jerk told him he would go swimming if he did not stop jumping on the that good old gas peddle to quick. flat rat got his boat all cleaned out and has the motor filled with desiel to keep the rust out for the drive back to montana where men are men and sheep run scared. baaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa. we will see you at moses lake wa. do not be :boxed: bring it on. :argue:
    Dude,
    bring it on???Whatcha got...a boat in a box?I just watched the tape and I had 'em by a mile.I just fuzzed up.So get cracken gramps and we'll see if ya can back it up

FIVE O
    Thats the FLATRAT we know. You must of worked out the kinks gota back rub or somthin, you sound ready to go again.
    That Howard turned OK, it just cant skip to well. You did have em by a long shot. Next time you decide to finish the race without your boat you need to be a touch closer to the finish line. At least you didnt get spanked in the powder puff heat. Its the only time you can tell your wife that you were spanked by a couple women and get away with it.
    Still thankfull you walked away with only a broke header. Look forward to seeing that thing run again, very impressive.

FlatRat
    Thanks Ror,
    it feels better today.Engine is ready to pull.I watched the tape some more and it looks like I just got a little antsy and gassed it a too soon with not enough plate.Note to selfon't get greedy be patient...not the Hospital kind.Damn it ...it was to mine. :argue: :cry: :yuk:

Moneypitt
    I'll bet it turned better than Mike Leach's "Super Cinders" restored Patterson,(I think). It wound up on the far side rocks after a few skips and hops. Tore it up pretty good, and a huge crane was brought in before the tide rose and sank it. Driver was OK.......We also had 2 Ks wreck, one, the K8 was a violent high speed roll over at the top of the front straight. He was really hauling and then everything went to shit. The majority of the left side of the hull is gone, exposing a side view of the floor. Driver, Jim Bandolin although banged and bruised, is not serious. Dave Bryant also had a little excitement in Dave Rankin's "Freedom Child" K69. Spun it, lost the gas tank out of the back, drifted backwards far enough and fast enough to swamp it. Mr Bryant got to use his capsule training in real speed, real world. The PS 18 also went over in the south turn, he too is OK, and had the boat back running for the final on Sunday. 1 Cracker team was pitched out, the boat stayed upright, and they were not seriously injured either. All and all a great day of racing, everyone that came to race, went home at the end of the weekend.....Some happier than others, but all went home..............Ray

boatguy222
    It went around corners better than anyone expected!
    Boyd,
    Now let me get this right, you said it went around corners better than anyone expected.
    Tim went on his head in the boat, what the hell were you expecting to happen? :skull: :220v:
    I stand by my statement that the boat Tim has were NEVER made to go around a corner! :yuk:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast