Thread: New problem

Thunderbutt
    I'm taking the hardware off of the cavitation plate. The first two bolts holding the trunbuckles to the plate came off, the rest are on real tight, I twisted a allen head wrench trying. What will happen if I put a little heat on the bolt head? I tryed liquid wrench it can't get into the threads of the bolt. This is a Nicson plate

spectras only
    Jim ,you can heat it with a hand propane torch and keep soaking the bolts up with liquid wrench.It will take awhile ,but should looswn up though.

Thunderbutt
    Thanks Attila, Do you have a mechanical oil pressure and oil temp? if you do were do you have them conected to the motor. I have the oil temp coming from the back of the pan, and the oil pressure coming from the hole in the block above #1 piston. Thought I'd better check before I put the motor back togeather. QUOTE]Originally posted by spectras only:
    Jim ,you can heat it with a hand propane torch and keep soaking the bolts up with liquid wrench.It will take awhile ,but should looswn up though.[/QUOTE]

spectras only
    Jim , I have the electric sending unit on a "T" fitting with a small mech gauge added.The electric gauge reads about the same as the mechanical.BTW my gauges are 70's vintage stewart warners.I dont have a temp gauge for the oil pan.The temp sensor is fine at the back of the pan.I have a cooler [that runs through the ACE v-drive] for the B/W tranny .Also I've added a liquid filled fuel pressure gauge at the carb for my mallory electric pump.That's pretty much it .
    [This message has been edited by spectras only (edited June 05, 2002).]

PGF545
    Thunderbutt, I had the same problem last year when we were putting a new boat together using hardware off the boat that we sunk, and what I did was get one of those hammer type impact wrenches and had a friend help me to hold the plates. We had loctited the screws in the first time and they had been in there a while, just a couple wacks and everything came loose with no problem.