Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Okay, how do I beat my speeding ticket?

Tremor Therapy
    I personally dislike ppl that don't take responsibility for thier actions. In this case speeding.
    Good thing opinions are like a**holes!

IMPATIENT 1
    Okay all you law enforcement types......Kilrtoy's evil twin stopped me for 50 in a 40 yesterday. Clear day, dry pavement, 6:30 am, and only 2 cars present on a 4 lane road.
    I know that they are ticket machines, and this guy was not going to listen to anything but what he wanted to say, so how do I beat this ticket? I have had a ticket in the past (15 years ago), and tried the basic speed law scenario, only to have the judge say..."GUILTY!" I have heard people say research the "engineered speed" of that section of road, blah, blah, blah, but what is an actual plausible argument I can bring up to the judge that will at least give me a fighting chance of winning?
    i'm not sure about cali,but in most states, officers are required to be "certified" on a radar or laser gun. i've got a prepaid legal service that handles these types of things and i was told by them to ask for a radar gun recalibration log for the specific gun that gets me. then ask for a certificate showing the officer training with that particular gun.he says(my lawyer)that he beats every ticket case this way.just i thought, might check into it.

Kilrtoy
    i'm not sure about cali,but in most states, officers are required to be "certified" on a radar or laser gun. i've got a prepaid legal service that handles these types of things and i was told by them to ask for a radar gun recalibration log for the specific gun that gets me. then ask for a certificate showing the officer training with that particular gun.he says(my lawyer)that he beats every ticket case this way.just i thought, might check into it.
    You are joking right, that is the typical stall tactic used and it NEVER WORKS......
    I call BS on that

riverbound
    I have a buddy that is a motor cop. and to get around this he actually carries a tuning fork on him. every morning he checks his gun per the fork. I dont remember the exact thing (he showed me once) but I remember him hittin the fork and then pointing the gun at it and it picked up the speed. if it shows XXmph (dont remember the actual #) it is picking it up correctly.He does this every morning.
    I say good luck....pay the fine and move on......you were speeding and you got caught. How many times have u sped and not gottten ticketed, you got caught this time.

Roxysnow
    go to court and pleed not guilty on your next court date if the cop show's up pleed guilty and if he doesn't your go to go
    I heard that works sometimes but then again. It may piss the policeman off and now he'll definitely show. Doesn't a policeman get a full or half day pay for going to court? EASY MONEY for the policeman!

NautiII
    Well, for starters, most agencies, including MINE, will discipline you if you do not show up for court! and, yes, the court can fine the officers as well for not showing up. Officers are also radar certified, and most always have to show proof of the radar itself being certified, as well as the officers proof of radar certification, or laser, which ever it may be. anyway, do not rely on the officer not showing up. most enjoy the overtime if court is on a day off!!! also, just pay the fine, agree to traffic school, if available, and DONT SPEED!!!! lol Good luck!

IMPATIENT 1
    Well, for starters, most agencies, including MINE, will discipline you if you do not show up for court! and, yes, the court can fine the officers as well for not showing up. Officers are also radar certified, and most always have to show proof of the radar itself being certified, as well as the officers proof of radar certification, or laser, which ever it may be. anyway, do not rely on the officer not showing up. most enjoy the overtime if court is on a day off!!! also, just pay the fine, agree to traffic school, if available, and DONT SPEED!!!! lol Good luck!
    so is prepaid full of shit? does the officer have to be certified and the gun tested on a regular basis?i don't get tickets, gettin somewhere a couple of minutes sooner isn't worth the tickets and insurance costs. :idea:

fourspeednup
    Whatever you choose....if you have to pay, go with cheap easy fast (http://www.cheapeasyfast.com/) traffic school. I was done in 20 min

ACCEPTENCE
    Here is what I would do. File for an extension. Do it again if they will let you. Either way, when they stop giving extensions plead not guilty. Hopefully the officer will not show up on the day of your court appearance.
    If he does, your gonna have to pay. Listen to what his testimoney is and then offer to change your plea and ask for driving school.
    Forensic
    This is about the best chance you got!
    Or just make the payment and be done with it.

Wet Dream
    Good thing opinions are like a**holes!
    That's right! You got everyone's opinion, now pay up azzhole!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast