Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Okay, how do I beat my speeding ticket?

IMPATIENT 1
    You are joking right, that is the typical stall tactic used and it NEVER WORKS......
    I call BS on that
    not joking! as riverbound posted,alot of cops carry the forks with them to fight off this type of lawyer tactic. my best friends roommate is a full time cop and he said people get outta tickets around here that way.remember i live in a county with a population of @10k people and most are to poor to fight the "man". our local police dept. are not use to havin to defend their traffic stops,so the "cop ain't certified"tactic works here.

Ziggy
    You are joking right, that is the typical stall tactic used and it NEVER WORKS......
    I call BS on that
    What's your comment on the Safe Speed Rule I mentioned Miguel? Is there any truth to that? Seems the burden of proof would be hard to accomplish without spending plenty of $ for legit "expert" evaluations of the many factors.

Wet Dream
    Here's what I see. You get a ticket for 10mph over. Chances are, you were doing 10 over. Otherwise, you would have cried that the ticket was wrong. So you got a ticket, made a post, read the responses, haven't contributed chit other than your worthless remark, and you still want more options. Pay it and be done with it, or take a few hours off to go to court, then go to traffic school.

PHOTOGLOU
    Is there any truth to the rumor that if you challenge a ticket and lose you forfeit your option to go to traffic school?
    Normally yes but if you ask in advance it can be granted....

PHOTOGLOU
    If you can prove your vehicle is safe at that speed then you CAN drive a safe speed (UP TO 55 MPH)..... Where there any schools in the neighborhhod??? Where there any intersections???? How many lanes???? Ask for a traffic survey report.... If there is no traffic survey report on file or is older than 5 years THEY CAN NOT ISSUE A TICKET..... You can beat this easily if the conditions are right.....

Chubby4Life
    The last ticket I tried to fight was 9/05. When I went to trial the Officer ran down the list of his training, Radar cert. calibration dates, ect. He then reads from his notes about the stop in question, including any remarks or state ments that you may have made (as every officer before him had.) I had the oppurtunity give a statement and to cross examine the officer. In my case, the officer noted every explentitive and word I said, and all I could do was put my head down on the table and say GUILTY! Any way, all I can say is prepare yourself and write down as many details about the stop as you can remember....You know the officer did.

Ziggy
    If you can prove your vehicle is safe at that speed then you CAN drive a safe speed (UP TO 55 MPH)..... Where there any schools in the neighborhhod??? Where there any intersections???? How many lanes???? Ask for a traffic survey report.... If there is no traffic survey report on file or is older than 5 years THEY CAN NOT ISSUE A TICKET..... You can beat this easily if the conditions are right.....
    This is the Safe Speed Rule I am talking about........

PHX ATC
    Quit driving, give up your license, and never show up to court.
    What are they going to do? Take away your driver's license?
    Hire a driver, ya got a flock of em, don't ya?
    I would pay the ticket and go on with my life...it's just a cost of commuting, kinda like gas.

HighRoller
    I say you hire the biggest, nastiest law firm in town and sue the police department and issuing officer. After all, if you really didn't deserve the ticket they must have violated your rights in some way, right? If you're going to put your lack of character and integrity on display you might as well do it like a "big baller" and get rich!!

NautiII
    BULLL!!! This is not correct information. If you want to get laughed at in court, try this advice!
    as far as the tuning forks go, yes, the officer has to check the unit before each shift, to make sure it is in working order. I test mine before and after every shift! make it easy on yourself, plead no-contest (means not admitting guilt, just going along with the ticket) go to drivers school, and chalk it up to experience. or you can try your luck at an inexperienced officer fumbling in court. but dont count on it!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast