Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 74 Tahiti 18'

robk
    bump

Jetaholic
    Upon sale of this boat I can provide transportation if needed.
    Jon

brewman77
    Do you still have the 19'? I am interested if you still have it. Give me a call. Robert @ 949-922-9202

robk
    ttt

dumbandyoung
    man, that boat reminds me of my grandpas boat from when i was like 5 years old... nice!

robk
    Sold the 19' hull... still have the turnkey 18'.

Havasu Carrera
    You were right! That thing went well over 70 mph with no tuning whatsoever!! I think I gotta fix the trailer lights though.
    Someone better pick up the other little beuty before you up the price come summer time.

robk
    You were right! That thing went well over 70 mph with no tuning whatsoever!! I think I gotta fix the trailer lights though.
    Someone better pick up the other little beuty before you up the price come summer time.
    Have fun with that thing... And definitely get in touch with OldRigger, he can tell you a lot about that hull.
    Rob

BigDutch
    Do you still have the 18 footer? If so, could you post some pics of the engine and front seat areas.
    How fast does it go? How does it handle rough water? Whats the year of the engine?
    Oh and current price.

robk
    Do you still have the 18 footer? If so, could you post some pics of the engine and front seat areas.
    How fast does it go? How does it handle rough water? Whats the year of the engine?
    Oh and current price.
    Here's the only shot of the front seats I could find:
    http://ostechnologies.net/frontseats.jpg
    I'll have to take some of the engine next time I'm at the shop, probably sometime this week.
    The roughest water I've had it in has been the river near Laughlin on a busy day and it was a rough ride. In terms of speed, my handheld GPS gave me top speed numbers between 50 and 55 at various stages of tuning.
    The guy who sold the motor to me claimed that he only had a few hours on it after a rebuild (that was two years ago) when he overrevved it and bent a valve. I'm not sure if I buy into his claim that the motor is that new; it looks like it's seen a few trips around the block. I put about 10 hours on after dropping it in the boat but to be fair it'd have to be torn down to really get an idea of how old it is.
    We did 5 river trips with this boat and the only problem I had with it was the usual oil-through-the-breathers thing and a bad distributor cap. Still, I'm calling it a project because if I were to keep it for next season I'd tear the motor down just to be sure.
    Anyone who would like to take a look at this boat is more than welcome to; just let me know a few days in advance so I can plan to make a trip over to the shop and I would be glad to show it.
    Rob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast