Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Header Question?

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    I was wondering if anyone has a side view picture of Bassett V-drive headers on their hydro or flat. We just put on a brand new set of V-drive headers on his '77 Sanger Hydro and they look way different then we thought they would. They are racked way backwards. W/ the tongue on the ground the headers are dead level. When you pick the tongue up to about the level that the boat would sit in the water the headers point down. We called Bassett and they said that is the way they are but if we are unhappy w/ them to send them back and they will bend them up an inch. Now do you think that it was a flaw w/ the pipes or is that the way they are. Or one thought that we had was that it could be the way the motor rails are set. The previous owner raced the boat and played around w/ angles, but i dont think it would make that much of a difference. Well any ideas or pix would be great. Thanks LFLS

Kindsvater Flat
    Sounds odd but here is one of our photos.
    From closest to farthest......not counting the short pipe
    bassett
    sanderson
    bassett
    bassett...this one is a jet.(Sorry again Sangster)

GofastRacer
    Here's my Bassetts!...

Heatseeker
    likeFATHERlikeSON3:
    We just put on a brand new set of V-drive headers on his '77 Sanger Hydro These must be for Pop's boat? Didn't Dan have new Bassetts already?

DetroitJim
    V-drive headers are made with the collectors 2 degrees down angle to work with the motor angled forward. Jet headers are 6 degrees up angle to work with the motor angled back. I think jet headers look odd on an hydro, they stick up in the air.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/25673356NrvbNRrfNr_ph.JPG[/img]

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    JP,
    Ya the headers are for dads boat. The damn things sit right next to the t-tank. What i thought the strange thing was is that you can have them bent. I would think the chrome would split or something. ?? Ryan

DansBlown73Nordic
    Put them in the driveway. Drive over them a few times. They will bend!!!!! wink eek!

dossangers
    Send them back they should be level!!

Heatseeker
    Tell dad to send them back! For the money you pay for those pipes, they ought to be right!
    How's the elim. doing. Did you get the fuel pump changed yet?

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    JP, No didnt get the fuel pump fixed. More than likely its just the wiring not the pump. Im waiting in line still. Dad first, Dan's next, then me I want to get her running. Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast