Thread: motor cutting out

blown428fe
    Went out yesterday for the first shakedown, boat ran perfect till I let off. Everytime I let off the boat wants to die like its starving almost, your first reaction is to try and catch it and isnt working out. She coughs when you try to catch it and dies. Seems like 1800 and above its mint, could this possibly be bad fuel? I used to mix 110 and 93. could the motor be used to this?

kojac
    Blown 428
    In my two tunnel jets after a hard run I had problems with the motor shutting down. I put a fuel pressure guage on the dash and saw that the fuel was not being pumped to the carbs when the boat decreased in speed. This occured due to the gas in the side saddle tanks flowing to the front while the fuel line pickups were located in the rear. I had to weld in baffles near the back of the tanks to hold the gas so it wouldn't slosh to the front. On the naturally aspirated it wasn't too critical. Just wait till the fuel pump started to catch up after shutdown and start it back up. On blown applications I was afraid it could detonate and go boom.
    Hope its just bad gas..
    Kojac

blown428fe
    Thanks Kojak , I drained the tanks tonite and am going to re fuel tomarrow. Bowl levels were out too.