Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitromethane in Yuma?

All the aspirated boats have been putting the hurt on me so bad lately that I decided to start running nitro, can i get nitro in Yuma?
    LMAO.
    stir stir.
    CS

Really? LMAOWY
    nitromethane in Yuma (http://www.sellerspetroleum.com/76products.htm)

IMPATIENT 1
    are you givin up the no2? for nitro?
    i used to race dirt track carts when i was young and i got banned for life from it for runnin 1/4 cool-power fuel(model airplane nitro/castor oil mix)and alcohol.they kept wondering how my little 5hp briggs was walking off from the pack every race,lol. back then there was no fuel rules and i'd mix up 5 gallons before a race, smelled like alcohol with grape fragrance in it. the guys runnin the blockzilla mills(3500.00 bucks!) got pissed off that they couldn't figure out how i was doin it with a 500.00 mill and got together and had me banned, i was 14,they we're mid 20's early 30's picking on little ole me,lol.
    i've ran alittle of the cool power/super unleaded in my jet once, sounded funny but ran like a mofo!!! i backed timing down to 30 degree's full in, to prevent detonation.not gonna chance it again with my new mill, but was cool to see performance increases from just alittle amount of nitro.

djdtpr
    All the aspirated boats have been putting the hurt on me so bad lately that I decided to start running nitro, can i get nitro in Yuma?
    LMAO.
    stir stir.
    CS
    Hey dont think i aint thought of it!Just ten percent is all it takes.Dont be superized if you snmell it labor day. :2purples:

Hey dont think i aint thought of it!Just ten percent is all it takes.Dont be superized if you snmell it labor day. :2purples:
    been there, done that ... I wouldn't ... just my .02 for what it's worth ...
    it was nice seeing the old set up though ...

djdtpr
    Some lessons just have to bee learned the hard way.

Hustler
    Some lessons just have to bee learned the hard way.
    Is that the hard way or the "Expensive" way

sdpm
    So Brian, what are you saying? Were you tipping the can a little with your boat at the races? Tell me it isn't so. You wouldn't cheat would you?

BAE_557
    If you are running methanol, there is no problem as nitromethane and methanol mix freely. But nitro does not mix easily with gasoline. So, if a nitro/gas mixture is desired additional chemicals must be added to prevent separation

So Brian, what are you saying? Were you tipping the can a little with your boat at the races? Tell me it isn't so. You wouldn't cheat would you?
    Wait a minute ...
    maybe that's why I went through 4 motors last year ... it's hard keeping up with those capsule guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast