Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: suggestion about 454

454flyinby
    im new to the boat scene so i just wanted to if anyone could offer suggestion about building a 454, what type of cam is best, pistons, valves,etc. (not costing an arm or a leg)
    thanks

Hotcrusader76
    There are many great camshafts out there. Your best bet would be to call up Comp Cams or even Crane for beginners.
    Otherwise there are alot of great guys on this site that can steer you into good customer service oriented grinders.
    Isky, Edelbrock, Comp Cams, Crane, Lunati, etc.

twistedpair
    Welcome to the boards! What kind of boat do you have, and what kind of performance are you looking for?
    Skiing, cruising, or good old 'hold my beer and watch this' ass-hauling are all a little different. But you came to the right place, there are some seriously smart fellers around here. (present company excluded!)

GofastRacer
    454flyinby:
    im new to the boat scene so i just wanted to if anyone could offer suggestion about building a 454, what type of cam is best, pistons, valves,etc. (not costing an arm or a leg)
    thanks Welcome 454, there is a lot of knowledge on these forums and I know everyone, myself included, is more than willing to help since we all at one time were new to the boat scene!..If you could fill us in on what kind of boat you have and what your intentions are for it(race, ski, criuser,ETC), I'm sure you'll be educated in no time!... wink

Fiat48
    Price has gone up. Now costs and arm AND a leg to build one. Inflation..ya know!
    You gotta tell us what you wanna do with it.

Craig
    We welcome another AZ boy Where are you at in AZ, 454? I'm always beating this drum, but for good reason, if you need a shop that's good, but not the cheapest (you get what you pay for) try Larry's Speed & Marine in Tucson.
    Whatcha workin' on?
    Craig
    [ January 07, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Bow Tie Omega
    Welcome. Many of us are going through our boats right now also. Lots of options, make sure you figure out what you want from your motor first and remember; speed= parts and labor= MONEY!!!

Craig
    Bow Tie Omega:
    Welcome. Many of us are going through our boats right now also. Lots of options, make sure you figure out what you want from your motor first and remember; speed= parts and labor= MONEY!!! Amen Brother
    [ January 07, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Blown 472
    Well, she is kinda hot.

454flyinby
    well the type of boat is a kacina with a 454 and a berkley jet. i want to be able to cruise about 70mph and throw some rooster tail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast