454, how big is your boat, how fast (or not) is it now? For the Rooster tail, you need a diverter. If you already know these things, I am not trying to slam you or anything. I am trying to get a base line of what you have and what you know. For starters, go down to Barns and Noble or go onto Amazon and pick up a Big Block Chevy Build-Up Book, go to Kragen and get the manual for your motor. Get to know your motor. Once you get to know your motor you will have alot easier time with what you need to do to your motor. Find out what 454 you have. Look at the number on the left rear side of the block just above the bell housing. Go to banderlog.com and go to big block chevy stuff to match the number. Do the same on your heads. As far as your Jet goes, find out what model number it is and then start to ask questions about your model of jet. If you know all of this already, disregard what I have said, if not, the above will get you going in the right direction. This board is a great resource. I know as a teenager I was a motor head and got away from it for 10 years. I have had to re-learn alot of things in the last 4 months. If you do the above, come back and not only will the posters be able to better help you, but you will also have a better understanding of what they are saying and what is going on. Good Luck and Welcome to Hot Boat. Joe