Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: beaverretriever has a HOT

SHOTKALLIN
    23' lightning. Is this the same hull as the Eliminator 236, Genesis 23xs, Cobra 23' razor, Ultra 23, etc... The deck portion of the mold on all these boats look identical. Have they been splashed? Are all the bottoms the same? Cobra told me thier 23 has the same bottom as the 26&27 razor. Who is the original designer ot this boat? Eliminator? Ultra?
    This is a Hot Boat and it has timeless lines.

beaverretriever
    23' lightning. Is this the same hull as the Eliminator 236, Genesis 23xs, Cobra 23' razor, Ultra 23, etc... The deck portion of the mold on all these boats look identical. Have they been splashed? Are all the bottoms the same? Cobra told me thier 23 has the same bottom as the 26&27 razor. Who is the original designer ot this boat? Eliminator? Ultra?
    This is a Hot Boat and it has timeless lines.
    Whatever I say will probably be wrong. Im not sure where the original mold came from. Its a pretty old design but damn it works well.
    All I know is, Im really happy with it. I would call Brad at Lightning. Tell him I sent you. He is a great guy and will answer all your questions.
    John.

havaduner
    I think it is an Ultra hull. Cobra made some changes to the boat after they split from Ultra, but the essence of the boat is the same. It has timeless lines, and beaverretreiver put some great gel colors together on his.

jbtrailerjim
    Eliminator originally had it. They sold it to DCB. DCB sold it Ultra. Ultra sold it and the Lightning line to what used to be known as Ultra of San Fernando Valley. They are now known as Lightning. I believe Lightning shares the molds with Genesis since Jason of Lightning and Jerry of Genesis are brothers.
    Not sure how many changes or if any have been made to the molds. I heard DCB made some changes to it after they bought it. But I don't know if it is true or not.
    I'm sure ULTRA28 (John West) could give a much better history lesson on the hull than I can.

Kilrtoy
    I would call Brad at Lightning. Tell him I sent you. He is a great guy and will answer all your questions.
    John.
    REALLYYYYYY

Hustler
    Eliminator originally had it. They sold it to DCB. DCB sold it Ultra. Ultra sold it and the Lightning line to what used to be known as Ultra of San Fernando Valley. They are now known as Lightning. I believe Lightning shares the molds with Genesis since Jason of Lightning and Jerry of Genesis are brothers.
    Not sure how many changes or if any have been made to the molds. I heard DCB made some changes to it after they bought it. But I don't know if it is true or not.
    I'm sure ULTRA28 (John West) could give a much better history lesson on the hull than I can.
    Sounds pretty close but Jason of Lightning is the son of Jerry from Genesis who at one time owned Ultra

wedge44
    Originally i believe it went like this.....eliminator had original 23 mold....then went to DCB who did 23 extreme....then sold too ultra....from there when Jeff left Ultra molds stayed with him from when he was a ultra dealer of Montclair....molds stayed W/O approval from JW...can U say lawsuit & Settled etc..then when Cobra opened thay had 23 (somehow I think JerVanBeck is involved as Jeff used to work for the former ultra owner) and then Genesis has a splash of the same molds...now Lightning has 23 molds and isn't Jason younger brother to JVB.....sounds like incest to me........have fun with the stories......Wedge 2003 ULTRA 23XS last of the john West 23's

Kilrtoy
    Originally i believe it went like this.....eliminator had original 23 mold....then went to DCB who did 23 extreme....then sold too ultra....from there when Jeff left Ultra molds stayed with him from when he was a ultra dealer of Montclair....molds stayed W/O approval from JW...can U say lawsuit & Settled etc..then when Cobra opened thay had 23 (somehow I think JerVanBeck is involved as Jeff used to work for the former ultra owner) and then Genesis has a splash of the same molds...now Lightning has 23 molds and isn't Jason younger brother to JVB.....sounds like incest to me........have fun with the stories......Wedge 2003 ULTRA 23XS last of the john West 23's
    Jesus christ, who is on first :boxed:

jbtrailerjim
    Sounds pretty close but Jason of Lightning is the son of Jerry from Genesis who at one time owned Ultra
    LOL...Brother, son, cousins, whatever.... I'll keep my comments to myself about those two guys.

beaverretriever
    I knew the story was long but I couldnt remeber the whole thing. It seems like a good hull. It works well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast