Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OIL ??????

Kerny
    Whats the best oil and weight to run in a 460.

HammerDown
    For me it's Kendall GT-1 40 wt.

GofastRacer
    Wow, this should be interesting!. Ther'e has to be a million opinions why one oil is better than the other but it seems like regardless of brand, someone either swears at it or swears by it!. As far as the type motor (Chevy, Ford, Mopar, ETC>), it don't make a difference. As far as weight goes, it depends a lot on clearances and use of the motor!. Sooo, I ain't saying what to use but for me, I been using Castrol for the last 20 years in all my vehicles and my race motors with a 100% + success so I will continue to use it!...
    Ok guys, you're turn!!..
    [ May 15, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

Frosty_pop
    Castrol GTX 20-50

Infomaniac
    Frosty_pop:
    Castrol GTX 20-50 Me Too

Fiat48
    Good subject and maybe I can get some info to clear up a question. I use Penzoil Racing 25-50 and sometimes straight 50 depending on temperature of the season. Back when I first started running alcohol, I was told by several well known alcohol NHRA racers that only 2 oils would mix and not seperate in alcohol. They were Penzoil Racing oil or EASTERN Kendall GT racing oils. What the difference between Eastern and Western Kendall oils is I do not know. I was told the formula was very different. I do know I helped one of the Pro NHRA guys with his motor who was running Eastern Kendall and I noticed that when trying to clean the oil off parts in a solvent tank, they had to be brushed off, as the oil would not just rinse off. I really liked the way it clung to the parts but was never sure where Eastern Kendall was made so I could be sure of getting the right stuff. This has been about 5 years back, maybe things have changed, but anyone who knows, please let me know.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Castrol Syntec 10w-40......full synthetic

HammerDown
    Fiat48, yep I recall the same rumors (years back)about the Eastern "blend" of Kendall...I belive it was Pennsylvania Crude they used at that time.
    I know it dosent matter any, but I miss the Green Color! And there no longer using Pa crude any more...but I'll keep using the stuff.

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 10W-40.

LakesOnly
    Ester-based synthetic base stock, such as Amsoil or Mobil 1. After break-in.
    LO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast