Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a good painter in OC area

Suckfish81
    I have a 19 Rogers Jet boat. I flipped it a few years ago and have since had all the fiberglass repaired except a few stress cracks I can still see. I need to get it painted soon, just a basic two tone paint job with a pin stripe. All of the quotes I have gotten are $4000-$5000. That is a little steep after just spending 4 grand to have the fiberglass fixed, there really isn't going to be that much paint prep involved. I want a quality paint job though, I don't cut any corners when it comes to my boat. Any good suggestions?

BA Kurtis
    If you want to bring it up to Apple Valley I will take a look at it, 4k is not a bad price, I might be able to do better so bring it on up. Dan

Just curious how you flipped it, which Rogers do you have?
    Get some estimates from OC boat repair, TRG Custom fiberglass and BK boat repair.Might check with Billy B. in Upland too, he can probably steer you in the right direction, hes been painting boats for a loooong time.
    there is another thread running with more contact information for these people I have listed.

77charger
    Were you the guy at the v drive regatta at irvine lake who rolled the jetboat?

Suckfish81
    to all you wonderful hot boaters out their yes im the kid who crashed the jet boat at lake irvine oct 12 03 to set all the records straight dave the owner new i was on the lake that day and the reason for the crash was the intake grate came aprt around 90+ mile per hour and locked the pump up i know its been three years but i just learned about this whole forum im not computer savy so to all that sympathiezed with me thank you and to all you v drives sorry for messen up the evening but the crash is gonna cost me around 12gsels.

v-drive
    I have a 19 Rogers Jet boat. I flipped it a few years ago and have since had all the fiberglass repaired except a few stress cracks I can still see. I need to get it painted soon, just a basic two tone paint job with a pin stripe. All of the quotes I have gotten are $4000-$5000. That is a little steep after just spending 4 grand to have the fiberglass fixed, there really isn't going to be that much paint prep involved. I want a quality paint job though, I don't cut any corners when it comes to my boat. Any good suggestions?
    Being as he has already posted I will tell you that Dan(BA Kurtis) does top of the line work. He just finished My daughters Lavey Craft and it is beautiful. I will put up a link to a picture....v-drive

Unfortuntly there were no jets allowed after your mishap, we are working on getting Dave to let us back in but he is skeptical to let any jets back on after you wrecked.
    I heard your Rogers is nice, hope to see it someday.

77charger
    cs it was obvious there was a jet there no ne really cared just wondered how he got on the water.Give him credit for gettin to the ramp and on the water.
    Anyhow that boat looked familiar on the avatar that is why i asked.Boat didnt look all that bad after you got it out surprised its going to cost that much to repair.

Suckfish81
    here is a bigger pic of my avatar, this is at irvine

YeLLowBoaT
    Just curious how you flipped it.
    I just fliped mine using a "grade all" a friend borught over.
    I have heard that if you take 2 cherry pickers hook one to the bow eye and the other thru the intake( and out the transome) that you can flip a empyt boat with 1 arm. not really sure if this is true. I will let you know in a week or 2 when I flip mine back over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast