Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Adventure

Sangerboy
    As some of you know I am on my way to Michigan, taking my youngest (Katelin) to college. At the moment I'm at a motel in Eagle, Colorado waiting for my truck to get fixed as the turbo let go about 1 1/2 hrs out of Denver yesterday. Fortunately there was a Ford dealership nearby in Gypsum, they were able to procure a new turbo and have a really sharp diesel tech who says he'll have me on my way at about lunchtime today. Rented a minivan and sent the wife and daughter on ahead to get daughter to school in time. I'll meet my wife in Indianapolis where she drops off the rental car and then continue our trip down to Tennessee. I'll check in if any more adventures occur. All in all things worked out pretty good, could have been a lot worse.

What school is she going to?
    Steve

Sangerboy
    It's a small college named Andrews University, in Berrien Springs.

olbiezer
    u going back home on I 40 or I 20?

Moneypitt
    I can relate to truck problems in Colorado, even close to Denver, but I was on the west side dealing with the mountain highway, (into Utah and the 15 south) that seems to never stop going up and up and up.......Ray

Fired Up
    Did you have too many avo's in the bed of the truck, greg? Let me guess...Ford turbo, right?

Sangerboy
    u going back home on I 40 or I 20?
    We'll be heading home via I 40 on Thursday or Friday.

Sangerboy
    Well, the truck got fixed and they had me on the road by about 2:00 Saturday. I made it to Michigan on Sunday (1200 miles in 22 hrs, I slept for about 3 1/2 hrs at a rest stop in Iowa somewhere) was able to say the goodbye to my daughter that we had planned on and now am on my way to Knoxville and Tellico Lake for the week. Wallet is quite a bit lighter but other than being a little more tired than planned, so far so good

Sangerboy
    Did you have too many avo's in the bed of the truck, greg? Let me guess...Ford turbo, right?
    Yeah Sam it was the white truck, had a few avocados with us, but also a dormroom full of stuff in the back. Oh yeah, I'm towing the ski boat also . The fact that I was enjoying passing all the naturally aspirated SUV's that were laboring up the grades at 10,000 ft elevation (while not even towing anything) may have played a small roll in accelerating the turbos demise

vdriver4ever
    Greg,
    Hope the second half goes a little smoother then the first half.... Too bad you south of Idaho. The Lou's brothers could treat you to some good old fashion fun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast