Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to secure funds....

Chico&Zeus
    I have a buyer for my boat, he called today from out of state...he sounded pretty serious but he wants me to meet him half way to take delivery. I thought about requesting a couple thousand prior to me leaving so that I know he is going to show up.......don't want to make a 1000 mile drive for nothing. What is the best way to have him transfer the funds ahead of time, and also what is the most secure way to finalize the payment when I meet him? I just get nervous with all the scammers these days, I really don't want to get some bull sh*t money order or traverlers check and be out my boat.

djunkie
    Maybe paypal.

VanDeano
    357 Magnum

Devil's Advocate
    357 Magnum :crossx:

burtandnancy
    CASH always works for me...

Wire transfer would be my choice

Biglue
    I have a buyer for my boat, he called today from out of state...he sounded pretty serious but he wants me to meet him half way to take delivery. I thought about requesting a couple thousand prior to me leaving so that I know he is going to show up.......don't want to make a 1000 mile drive for nothing. What is the best way to have him transfer the funds ahead of time, and also what is the most secure way to finalize the payment when I meet him? I just get nervous with all the scammers these days, I really don't want to get some bull sh*t money order or traverlers check and be out my boat.
    When I bought my first boat, the sellers opened a bank account at BofA where I banked and just transfered the funds into their account. If you're going to take another payment other than cash, make sure the bank actually holds the funds or properly verify that a cashiers check is valid. And yes I would ask for an advance. Driving 1000 miles is not a light task.

chub
    Wire transfer the cost of fuel to an account. Tell him it will be substracted to the price upon a cash transfer and I never leave the house without my lil fren.
    I like guns and guns, guns like me, I like guns, they help keep America free. REPEAT!
    If they are serious they shouldn't have a prob. You are driving 1K miles to meet them.
    My .02 cents

Howie Feltersnatch
    Wire transfer. I've done this a bunch of times. You can do it several ways. If the buyer is afraid to give you his bank information, he can talk to an employee at your bank and do it directly with them.
    In most of my transactions I've gotten comfortable with the buyer/seller (done it both ways) & done a 50/50 - 50% up front, & 50% upon delivery. On a few deals you get bubbas who don't understand how the whole "weird bank thing" works and they don't want to fly with it. In that case I used a money order from the post office - they seemed to grasp the concept of the eagle flying over & shitting out their money.

RitcheyRch
    Wire transfer is safe and easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast